002. familiar faces

"All right. Pizza night is a go." Cheyenne smiles, putting the boxes on the counter.

"Sweet." Randy immediately opens one of the boxes, grabbing a few pieces.

They each get pizza and drinks before making themselves comfortable in the living room and watching TV.

Halfway through the movie, Cheyenne's phone rings and she grabs it.

"Hello?" The two boys watch as their mother's eyebrows raise. "Sh-- what?" The two share a look. "Okay. Yeah. Yeah, I'll be right there." She hangs up.

"What's going on?" Cody asks.

"Uh... I have to go pick up your sister... from the police station." Cheyenne states.

"The-- oh, shit." Randy quietly laughs. Cheyenne looks at him. He quickly loses the smile, awkwardly clearing his throat, trying to sink into the couch.

"I'll be back in a bit." Cheyenne says.

+++

Cheyenne walks into the police station, finding her daughter and her two friends sitting on the bench.

"Aw, crap." Taylor whispers, wincing.

"You're right, "aw, crap."" Cheyenne chuckles. "Are you okay?"

"Yes." Taylor nods.

"Good. Because you are in trouble, young lady." Cheyenne states. "I mean, a call from the police on pizza night is not what I--"

"And here he comes to save the day." She glances at Stella when she makes the comment.

"Glad to see you, too." Cheyenne turns at the semi familiar voice.

"Oh, my God." Cheyenne comments. "Did you grow another foot since graduation?"

"Che-- Cheyenne?" Cordell asks. The woman nods.

"You two know each other?" Taylor asks.

"We went to the same school." Cheyenne says.

"This-- what are you--"

"This one's mine." Cheyenne says, pointing to Taylor. "I have children, too, and they've made friends with both of yours."

"Oh. That-- really?" Cordell asks, the brunette nodding in response.

"This is Bel." Stella informs, cutting the reunion short. "Can she come home with us?"

"No." Cordell answers. "Minors have to be released by their parents."

"Okay, but I'm not just leaving her here." Stella says.

"Then you're staying here overnight because that's the option." Cordell says.

"Mom." Taylor gives her a questioning, somewhat pleading look. Cheyenne opens her mouth to answer, stopping when Bel gets up and goes to her parents as they walk over.

"Ranger Walker." A cop walks over. "Good to see you."

"You, too." Cordell says.

"Rangers are involved?" Bel's dad asks.

"No, sir, I'm, uh," Cordell takes his hat off, "here for my daughter. It's good to meet you. Listen, I've been out of town for a while, so I don't really know Stella's social life. We should spend some time together."

"Dad, stop it." Stella hisses.

"It seems like the girls got into some trouble." Cordell says. "Maybe we can help each other out."

"Sir. Ma'am." The same cop calls to Bel's parents. "Need you to come with me."

"We'll see you in a little bit." Bel's mom tells her.