008. end of the year

"All right, everyone clear out." Cordell orders as the six teens walk up to the school.  "Stay away from the building." He orders as Stan, Liam, and the reporters walk away from the building.

"Dad, is everything okay?" Stella asks.

"We have a-a... a situation." Cordell says. "Why don't y'all just stay back until we figure this out. Go on." The kids walk away from the school.

+++

"All right, Sacred Heart, food and drinks on the house, no booze." Cordell announces, opening the door to the bar. Collective groans sound at his last statement. "Oh, no, no, no. Come on."

"Hey, there." Geri greets.

"Hey." Cordell replies. "I didn't know you were back."

"Just filling in for Lewis. Hard to leave this place, I guess. Even if I don't care for the new management." Geri remarks.

~ ~ ~

"Are you guys okay?" Cheyenne asks, on the phone with her daughter.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're all okay. Stella's dad brought us all to The Side Step." Taylor says.

"Did he say what happened?" Cheyenne asks, despite probably knowing the answer.

"No. Guess you gotta be a ranger to be in the know." Taylor says. "We're cool here, though, but we didn't drive so you might have to come pick us up later."

"Yeah. Yeah, all right, I'll come get you when I'm out of work." Cheyenne promises. "You three have fun."

"Yeah. Love you."

"Love you, too. Bye."

"Bye." Taylor hangs up, turning back to Stella and Bel's foosball game.

"Oh, come on!" Stella groans after she loses again.

"Dude, too easy." Bel chuckles.

"Don't get too arrogant." Stella quips as Bel puts the ball back.

"You figure out what you're doing this summer?" Bel asks.

"No. Meanwhile, everyone's talking road trips or cool jobs or... that." Stella points and the two other girls turn to see a couple making out.

"Ugh." Taylor mutters as she and Bel trade disgusted looks. Stella gives him a look of agreement.

"What about you two?" Stella asks.

"Nothing but fighting Randy for the TV remote planned." Taylor says.

"Uh, I'm going to see my parents in Mexico." Bel informs.

"Seriously? That sounds awesome." Stella says. "Getting away from all this."

"Do you want to come?" Bel asks.

"I wish I could." Stella says.

"Why can't you? It's not like you've had the most awesome junior year."

"I'm gonna beat you, just you wait." Stella challenges, changing the subject.

"No, you're not." Bel argues, laughing.

"Your turn to sign my yearbook." Ruby tells August, walking up to him and Randy.

"Yeah, all right." August nods.

While Ruby puts her yearbook on a table nearby, Randy leans towards August, making quiet kissing noises. August quickly shoves him away before sitting at the table.

"Uh... wait, are-- are you--"

"Hey, so..." Ruby cuts him off. "My parents are out of town. You want to come over later?"

August gives her a shocked look, glancing back at Randy who quickly nods, giving him two thumbs up.

+++

A couple weeks later, the three Lamberts sit in the crowd as the graduation ceremony starts.

"Why do we have to be here?" Randy asks.

"Because he's your older brother and you love him and we're all very proud of him." Cheyenne says. "He'll be there for your graduations."

"Will he, though? I mean, he'll probably have a life." Taylor remarks.

"Well, maybe I'll make him be there." Cheyenne says. "I'm his mom, I can do that."

"He'll be an adult." Randy points out.

"And I have a plethora of embarrassing baby photos to show any future girlfriends." Cheyenne retorts, winking at her youngest.

"Blackmail? Jeez, mom." Randy mutters.

"Only a drastic measure." Cheyenne softly laughs.

~ ~ ~

"Cody Lambert." The principal announces.

"Whoo!" Cheyenne shoots to her feet, applauding. "Go, Cody!" She watches her son walk across the stage and accept his diploma. Taylor keeps the camera held steady as she records it. Cody moves the tassel to the other side of his hat before walking off stage.

"Go, baby!" Cheyenne yells out, fist pumping the air. "Whoo!"

"Mom, mom." Randy gently grabs her arm. "He's off the stage. Stop, please." Cheyenne lets him pull her back to the seat.

"Oh, you think that's bad, you should see me at yours." Cheyenne chuckles.

"What?" Randy asks, his face paling.

"You're the baby baby." Cheyenne says. "I'm gonna be 100 times worse."

"Oh, God." Randy groans, missing his mom's amused smile.

~ ~ ~

"Ah!" Cheyenne grins as Cody walks over. She holds her arms out, pulling him into a tight hug. "My baby. I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, mom." Cody smiles.

"I can't believe you graduated. When'd you get so old?" Cheyenne frowns making Cody quietly laugh.

"Can we go eat now?" Taylor asks.

"Yes. Please." Cody immediately nods. "I'm starving."

"Yeah. Yes. Wherever you want, graduate." Cheyenne says.