Deft | Academic pressure

⤳Couple: Deft/Kim Hyukkyu x Reader
⤳Thể loại: văn xuôi, enemies to lovers
⤳Sad ending
⤳Warning: nhắc đến trầm cảm, tutu. cân nhắc trước khi đọc
⤳Ngôn ngữ: tiếng anh (zì tui muốn luyện tiếng anh chút hì hì)

---------------

yn looked at her test result.

math: 96
literature: 92
science: 90

ranking: 2

"typical yn, always high score"

yn's seamate looked over at her result, commenting.

"and let me guess, hyukkyu definitely has the highest ranking"

yn and hyukkyu had always been rivals in study. they were both intelligent but it seemed like hyukkyu was a bit better. that's why he's always on top 1, never changed since grade 10.

"look like you need better luck, kitten"

hyukkyu chuckled as he pat yn's head. yn sighed and pushed hyukkyu away.

"what is wrong with her?"

yn got picked up by her family butler. he looked at yn through the rear mirror, his eyes looked concerning.

"um, miss lee"

"i'm afraid your parents can't be home tonight"

"i know, i know. they're always busy, i'm used to it"

yn threw herself on the bed, plugged her earphone in and hummed to a song. it was only a matter of time before her parents found out about her result and started scolding her.

"i'm so useless"

yn breathed out, tears started to form in her eyes.

she didn't remember since when did she even feel like this...

yn never had a chance to spend time with her parents because they were always on business trips. no talking, no family dinner, no hugging, nothing. she had a house, but not a home.

when she grew older, they pressured her with being the top student. they expected yn to excel in all of her test. they would never, ever, allowed she to have scores lower than 90.

and slowly, yn changed.

from a happy, energetic little girl. she became quiet, bottling up her emotions and suffering alone.

she fell into depression.

even though yn kept denying it but she, herself, acknowledged the changes in her body.

the way she always felt tired, skipped her meal, she zoned out more often, a lot of bad comments on herself,

and death kept haunting her mind, forever.

yn felt trapped and hopeless.

at some point, she hurt herself to free up her emotions by turning them into physical pain which she could easily control.

more and more cuts started to appear on her wrist, from a scratch to a very very deep cut.

that's why she always wearing a long sleeve clothes. so no one would know how broken she was.

gotta be honest, she was quite good at acting okay, no one had ever doubt her. at least she was good at something.

yn looked at her phone, it was 23:47. she couldn't sleep so she decided to go out for a walk.