3

I stood in the shower and let the warm water pour onto my head. I stood with my hands against the shower wall and turned my face up to the shower head. The water splashed into my face and I swiftly ran my fingers through my hair.

I could feel my hair begin to thicken and I could feel the lose springs. My hair was starting to curl. Mother would always straighten my hair, but I felt like keeping it in its natural state. I didn't have a flat iron or hairdryer so even if I wanted it straighten it, it wouldn't be possible.

After washing my hair, and my body, I realised that I needed some shampoo and conditioner. I had just finished my own and I didn't want to use the two-in-one shampoo and conditioner that was clearly used by all the men in the house. Mother told me I should never put sulphate in my hair, and it definitely had sulphate in it.

After the turning the shower off. I stepped out and dried myself with my towel. I put on my underwear and then put on some body lotion, followed by my baby pink sundress and matching coloured sundress. After I cleaned up after myself, I threw my things in the laundry basket and then walked out.

With my lotion in my hand, I headed in the direction of my room. I threw my lotion on my bed and headed for the dining room. When I entered, everyone turned there heads to look at me. They all stared wide eyed and I grew nervous. What was everyone staring at?

Terrance's face grew a great big smile. "Beyoncé, don't you look lovely."

I could almost feel my cheeks turning red.

"I like your hair."

Quincy smiled and I cheesed. He was so sweet. I forgot that this was the first time that they've seen my hair in its natural state. I walked over to the table and sat down beside Quincy. I eyed the table and my mouth watered. Everything looked so good. There was bacon, eggs, sausage, orange juice and toast. It didn't seem like much but there was so much of everything.

As we all helped ourselves, Chris entered the room, still dressed in his pjs. He yawned sat down next to Jay and then laid his tired eyes onto me. He looked surprised. His eyes grew big and he looked confused. Must be my hair.

"So I'm going to be out for the day, it's really hot out so Quincy you should take Beyoncé out for a swim. I had the pool cleaned."

Quincy nodded and smiled excitedly. They have a pool? Terrance smiled at both me and Quincy then shifted his gaze onto Jay and Chris. His smile almost immediately faded and his glare grew serious.

"I don't want any of your friends over while I'm gone. I mean it. No friends."

Jay groaned. "What makes you think I'll have friends over?"

Terrance chuckled sarcastically and shoved some eggs into his mouth.

"I know you."

As Jay groaned, I thought about the pool. I was really excited. I wanted to finish my food immediately so that I could swim. Quincy however, had finished his breakfast before me and grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me up the stairs.

"Quincy she's not done eating."

Quincy ignored Terrance and continued to drag me along until we stopped in the hallway.

"I'm going to put on my bathing suit. You do the same and we'll meet here okay."

I nodded and we both ran off to our individual rooms. Shutting my door, I ran over to my dresser and grabbed my one piece bathing suit. It was light blue with pink hearts on it. Something grandma had bought a while ago.

I hurriedly got out of my clothes and changed into my bathing suit. I threw my clothes on my bed and grabbed a towel and headed for the door. I was so excited. I couldn't wait to be in the water. I hadn't been to the beach in ages which was really sad, because I loved to be in the ocean. I've never been in a pool though, which was another reason why I was so excited.