1

1 | Cautionary Tale

1 | Cautionary Tale

____________

"Miss Akana?" The trash can knocked into the side of Reign's desk. Her dark eyes pulled toward the small bin in her principal's hands. "Mind acting like you enjoy being here?"

"My mother says actors are nothing but failures and frauds." Reign forced a smile. "How was your summer, Principal Duvall?"

"Good." Principal Duvall returned her fake smile, motioning to the trash can with his cast. "Gum?"

"Oh! Would you like one?" Reign asked, fishing the box from her pocket. "It's winter cool breeze."

"Miss Akana." He cleared his throat. "Gum."

Reign spat out the gum and scowled at her principal's wife in the front of the room. "Jesus. You married a tyrant."

"How many times must I tell you my name's not Jesus, Reign." The woman chucked. "You can call me Mrs. Norbury."

"Bore."

A few desks behind the Polynesian teenager, faint giggles floated into her ears. She spared a look over her shoulder and rolled her eyes at her cousin's cheesy grin. Janis was always so pleased to see her getting in trouble.

Little Twat.

"Awe, Princess Royal Reign is all upset her Queen didn't pick her up for school today." Janis pretended to pout. She raised her head, smirking when Reign slowly turned around in her desk. "That's what you get for choosing a friend with sick priorities!"

"Sick priorities?" Reign scoffed. "She broke up with her boring boyfriend and he's my mother fucking neighbor. I don't blame her for wanting space from the man."

"She used him!" Janis laughed. "Just like she uses you!"

"Period." Damian snapped his fingers. "Peeeriod."

"Watch it, you Kurt Hummel wannabe." Reign pointed her newly manicured nail at the boy and narrowed her eyes. "Before I scrap your ass all the way to–"

"Girl, like I wanna be some ragtag white boy." Damian scoffed. "Just because he's gay–"

"You're gay." Reign looked Damian up and down, cocking her head. "And you're into musically inclined white boys with horrible hair care routines."

Damian sucked in a long breath, hand smacking on his check. He raised a finger and held it out to the second member of the Plastics, exhaling slowly.

"I know you did not just hate on baby boy Blaine."

"See? Gay."

"So are youuu." Janis sang smugly when Reign rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on. If you watch Glee in this century, you're gay."