Chapter 11

- Midoriya's POV - 

The smell of food wakes me up. My eyes feel like they're sealed shut and I have to fight to open them. When I eventually do the light of the morning is too much for me. I reach over and pull the curtains shut before burying my face in my hands, rubbing my eyes until they get the hint it's time to wake up.

It takes me a little to long to realise I'm not in my room. Or even my house. I look around in a panic. Band posters. Misfits, Bon Jovi, Mother Mother, Nirvana. A few bass guitars line the wall next to the bed. Oh god I'm in one of their rooms. I pull the blanket off myself quickly to check my clothes are on. Nope. No jeans and my hoodie is gone. 

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck." I curse myself as I look for my jeans, eventually finding them thrown on the ground at the foot of the bed.

"Relax." Hanta laughs as he walks in with a plate and a glass of orange juice. "I would never take advantage of someone, especially not someone who took whatever Uraraka had to offer. That girl has some shit even I wouldn't touch." 

"Thank god." I groan.

"I'll try not take that personally." He smiles as he puts a plate of the best looking eggs and toast I think I've ever seen, maybe I'm just hungover. "Sorry, all I know how to make is eggs and Bakugou isn't up yet." 

"It's perfect." I practically moan. "Thank you."

"By the way." He sits next to me on the bed. "If we had, done what you thought we'd done. Well, you'd remember it." 

I choke on air making him laugh. He hands me the orange juice.

"Eat up."

I do as he says, eating so fast it's all gone in a blink. "Fuck, that was amazing." 

"Maybe I should have made more." He teases taking the plate and glass, placing them on the floor at the foot of the bed. 

"What happened last night? Last thing I remember is being in the alley by the tattoo parlour." I rub my forehead.

"We all came out looking for you, Bakugou said you were out there so we found you and you were pretty out of it. Kirishima had to carry you to the car. When we got back you wanted to go home but I figured you wouldn't want your mom to see you like that so I brought you here."

"Oh. And my jeans? How did they...?" 

"You took them off yourself." He puts his hands up. "I was scared you were gonna try to jump me but you just got in bed and passed out." 

"Did you sleep here too?"

"No, the couch."

"Sorry." 

"Don't worry about it." He smiles. "Anything for my angel." 

I laugh awkwardly, how do I bring up that I still don't want anything to do with him when I slept in his bed and ate the breakfast he made me? All with a smile on his face. I feel sick. He seems to catch onto my mood shift and starts the conversation for me.

"Last night didn't change your mind did it?" He asks softly, not meeting my eyes. 

"It was amazing." I smile, grabbing his hand in a meagre attempt to comfort him. "But no. I'm sorry. I just can't." 

"It's because of what Bakugou said isn't it?" His voice turns sour, pulling his hand away from mine. 

"How did you-?" 

"I didn't. I suspected he'd said something. I guess now I know for sure. That fucking asshole." 

"It's not because of him." I say quickly before he can storm out of the room and start shit with Bakugou. "It's because of everything else. My mom for one. But you guys are part of the reason too." He gives me a questioning look which I don't blame him for, I'm not sure if I'm making sense.

"Us?" He looks hurt, why does he look so hurt he hardly knows me?

Part of me wants to try and comfort him more. Another, smaller part of me wants to slap some sense into him. 'Stop acting so lovesick over someone you just met!' I want to yell. But I don't. Instead I say...

"You guys are so- so amazing." Wow, descriptive Izuku. "No, that's not the right word. I don't know how to explain it. Sure I've had fun with dumbasses like you before but you guys are different. You care. You're like actually friends. Not just people who say they're your friend then let people use you or hurt you." I'm trailing now, revealing a little too much.

"What are you trying to say?" He pulls me back on track, like he knows I'm losing my train of thought, like he already knows me. 

Maybe they do. Maybe that's what you're so scared of.

I shake my head a little letting out a sigh so I can finally spit out something coherent. "I feel like I'm in danger of losing myself to you guys. Like I always do. But this time I'm more scared of fucking everything up. Not just at school or with my mom but here. I don't know how to explain it."

"I get it." He nods lightly. 

"Anyone else I've ever known would have left me in that alleyway. They wouldn't have bothered with carrying me to a car, let alone bringing me into their home and letting me sleep on their bed. Even making me fucking breakfast." I laugh because I guess that's all I know to do in these situations, laugh, so I don't cry.

Fucking hell Izuku you spend one night out with them and your stomach is in knots at the thought of leaving. Get a grip.

"I guess my point is, thanks." I say, regaining my cool. "Now go out and find yourself a real angel, because Hijiri was right. I'm a devil in disguise." I laugh lightly and take the opportunity to leave before either of us say anything that might make me stay. 

I slip out, silently hoping nobody is awake to catch me. Before I can open the front door my hopes are swiftly broken down as I spot a familiar spike of brooding blonde in my peripheral. I look at him and he's just standing in the doorway of the kitchen, staring at me.

"What?" I ask him. "Coming to gloat?" I watch him as he just stares at me silently, it's almost worse than when he actually speaks. "Well say something. I'm leaving now, won't come back. Aren't you happy?"

"No." He says plainly before disappearing into the kitchen. 

I pull open the door and slam it behind me, shoving my hands in my jean pockets as I walk back home.

The fuck does he mean 'no'? After everything he said last night I figured he'd throw a fucking party at the sound of my ass leaving for good. Or maybe I'm just putting words in his mouth. That conversation is so blurry now. He told me I don't deserve them, or is that just what I thought he said? Reality and my own imagination are becoming too blended together. 

Whatever. It doesn't matter what he said because this is my choice and I'm choosing to end it. For mom. Oh fuck Mom. She's going to fucking kill me.