Chapter 4

☆゚⁠

☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。Confession ☆゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚   

The next morning, when Vance's worries from the previous night lingered, the family fell into silence. Despite their disappointment after all the problems, Wrivan approached his parents' door after they called for him.

Mr. Parker slowly opened the door, and Wrivan inquired, "What's going on, Mom and Dad? I'm confused. What's wrong with Vance? He's tarnished our family's reputation and your efforts."

Mrs. Parker replied, "My dear son, I understand. We're a lively family, but please, let's remain calm. We don't know what's troubling Vance. The poor child may be struggling internally. We anticipated this."

Confused, Wrivan asked, "What did you anticipate? I don't understand. Can someone explain? You already knew this would happen? Vance had hurt you both, and it infuriates me."

Mr. Parker interjected, "Wrivan, let me explain. When your mom and I adopted Vance from the mafia, he was abandoned. Alongside him was a note that read:

'Thank you for taking him. I don't know who you are, but I will be gone  when you read this. I've devoted myself to the mafia, and now I can't be with him. Please take care of my son. He means the world to me. I foresee danger in his future, so please protect him, even if he shows disrespect. I believe he'll become a good son.'"

So, we can't abandon him. We took him in, so we have to deal with it. I called you here to be a friend to him again, but also as a good brother. He needs you. Talk to him kindly, ask him what's wrong.

We're having a get-together party with your mom's friend and mine. You know who it is, right? Samandra's parents. Just persuade Vance to come, okay?"

Wrivan was shocked, he nodded but then realized what his father had just said. He exclaimed, "Wait, Samandra's parents are coming here? No way! If Mr. Brooke finds out, we're in trouble. Are you sure you can handle this with him?

By the way, Vance will be bringing his fake girlfriend, so I hope there won't be any trouble with me being alone. But I need to talk to him. He's my best friend. I can't let him down, Dad. Even though I have other friends, no one is like Vance. He always be my side and supportd me"

Mr. Parker nodded and smiled. Mrs. Parker tapped his shoulder and smiled, showing the love they have for both Wrivan and Vance.

When Wrivan went to check on Vance, he found him missing, leaving all his stuff behind. Wrivan wondered where he might have gone.

As he climbed the stairs, he spotted Vance on the terrace, tears streaming down his face as he gazed at the sky.

Wrivan gently placed his hand on Vance's shoulder, startling him. Vance hastily wiped away his tears.

Wrivan said, "Vance, what's wrong? It doesn't matter who you date. I'll always be there for you as a good friend and brother. Please don't shut me out."

Vance burst into tears and hugged Wrivan tightly. They both chuckled. Wrivan teased, "Bro, boys don't cry. Why are you crying? You know we don't do emotions, haha."

Vance laughed, and Wrivan mentioned the party. Vance agreed to go. Before heading to school, Vance confessed to his parents and apologized for his behavior. However, neither Wrivan nor his parents knew why Vance was dating in the first place.

Shifting to Samandra's place, chaos ensued when her parents announced they would go to Wrivan's place. Samandra was furious and refused, but they insisted she come along. When Samandra reached her room, she discovered that Aurelie had already arrived. Samandra confided everything to Aurelie, who suggested she talk to Vance.

Samandra recalled the words of Molly, Aurelie's mother.

The Flashback:

When Samandra went to find Aurelie to return the bag she left at her place, she encountered her mother. Summoning her courage, Samandra asked if she could answer a question.

Confused, her mother replied, "Of course, dear. What is it?"

Samandra asked, "Are you Miss Molly? Don't attempt to deceive me, Aunt. I know it's you. Why didn't you inform me? And why did you come in disguise? Your actions left no doubt it was you."

Shocked, her mother bowed her head, stammered, but then wiped away her tears and said, "Yes, Sam, it's me. I'm feeling low. Aurelie is just a child, she doesn't understand my anguish and suffocation.

Brooke abandoned me for his success, but my love for him remains unwavering. I want him to return to Aurelie as a father. I don't care about myself, but at least for my daughter's sake. A father is crucial.

You witnessed what happened to her, she's drawn to Vance. I don't know why, but I believe he's a good lad. How can he endure her?

She might have done something. As a mother, I understand her. Please offer some good advice and help her improve and stabilize. I hope you won't abandon her."

Samandra, still in shock, responded, "Yes, I promise you. I empathize with your pain and struggles, but I can't fully comprehend them.

I must help Vance return to himself and my friend regain her true identity. But I can't believe why she's acting this way. She used to disdain love, but now she's pursuing it, and it's infuriating."

Molly said, "I'm glad you're listening to me and pointing me out. I hope you can change her. Thank you, dear, but my job never ends."

Samandra wished Molly luck in capturing Mr. Brooke and left.

After snapping back from the flashback, Samandra thought to herself that this was the perfect opportunity to uncover the reason.

So she said to Aurelie, "Of course, you have to come too. Look, I'm sorry for how I behaved. You can change or stay the same, but be my bestie as usual, okay?"

Aurelie raised her eyebrow skeptically and asked, "Well, yes, I'll be your BFF. But what changed you?"

Samandra couldn't think of anything on the spot, so she managed to say, "Yes, it's just that I thought about it, and that made me realize the truth."

As they all planned for the party, Mr. Brooke had no idea about the party.

A/N
What would happen when he realizes the truth?