Alpha Rouge Chapter 3

It started as always, deep in the woods. First came the wolf howl. I couldn't pinpoint the exact direction because of the partial darkness all around me from tree shadows. I was in the middle of a clearing lying on my back watching the stars. The moon was a large silver orb shining in the night sky. The howl came again, a little closer this time. It sounded from somewhere on my left. I got up from the ground tentatively and started moving slowly in the opposite direction.
I heard the sound of a twig breaking and turned around to locate its origin. I was met by a couple of glowing eyes on the face of a large wolf. The wolf appeared silver in the moonlight. It barred its teeth at me and prepared to launch its self right at me. I turned around and shot through the woods like a bat out of hell. My heart was hammering in my chest. I could hear its paws thudding on the forest floor. The wolf was catching up with me. I turned around to face it and it jumped and landed with its front paws on my chest. I fell painfully on my back and landed on the forest floor panting like crazy. The wolf was holding me down.  I could smell its breath. Its face was inches from mine. The wolf pulled its lips back and snarled at me, then something totally crazy happened. It spoke. I couldn't believe it. The wolf spoke my name and said, "Ace, it's time" then it clamped its sharp canines on my neck.
I sat bolt upright on my bed. My body was covered in sweat. The sheets were all tangled up. My heart was jackhammering in my chest. I was breathing in and out so fast. I put my hand on my neck instinctively to check on the bite but my skin was smooth and perfect just like it's always been. I exhaled loudly, a big contented exhale and my heart rate started coming down. I got off the bed, went to the bathroom, and rinsed my face a the sink. I toweled my face dry and was on my way back to bed when I realized I had not felt the bump I had on my face before getting in bed earlier on. I turned the lights on and rushed back to the mirror by the sink. I looked my face over carefully and did a double-take. The eyes staring back at me were glowing. They had a weird green glow. My face was flawless. There was no hint of the little cuts I had from my crazy night in the woods previously. The grazes on my knees and elbows were gone. I walked backward slowly and caught the bed knee-high which prompted me to sit on the bed. This was all very strange. The scariest part was my eyes. I had never seen them glow like that before. Then, like a distant echo, the message from the wolf came back. "Ace, it's time, it's time, it's time......."