Alpha Rogue Chapter 6

The week following my trips to the library was mostly uneventful. This was partly because I spent most of it rereading my research and the real reason, which was my newfound fear of being alone both at home and in the woods.

This was mainly caused by my dreams. They were happening more frequently. I couldn't even take a nap peacefully. The white wolf was always invading my dreams, always big white and obvious. But like they say, time heals everything. Eventually, I was able to overcome that fear. I started small. I would take random walks through the woods, always keeping close to the edge in case I needed a quick exit.
Days went by and time moved on. I was well on my way to my old self again. I even started hunting again. The time came when I felt brave enough to try out my supposed powers. Those that came with being a Lycanthrope.
I already knew about my super speed, the healing, and the smell. I also found out that if I focused hard enough, I could hear sounds from far away and could see in the dark. That took care of the heightened senses.

That left only the super strength. I knew there was no easy way about it. I knew I had to either try to lift or move things as a way of measuring how strong I really was.

Like everything else, I decided to start from the bottom. My foster parents had a gym in the basement so I figured I would start there. I would begin with some simple exercise like running on the treadmill or stretching, then I would go lift some weights.
In the course of my new training regimen, I discovered that one can increase their upper body strength by doing push ups. I gladly added that to my training.
During the first week, I would wake up sore all over my body. This eased up as my body got used to the extreme workouts. As time went by and my strength grew, I discovered I could bench press up to three hundred pounds with no hassle at all. I also made another accidental discovery. I found out that the more I worked out the less uptight and agitated I got.
The result of my exercise was also showing on my body.  I realized my shirts were getting kinda tight. I was going to need a closet overhaul.

Having confirmed all my other theoretical Lycan super abilities, I decided it was time to see if I could really shift into a wolf. I thought that could activate the telepathy ability.

I was already sixteen and a half years. I figured it was time I had my first painful shift.  I picked a date off the calendar which was supposedly the next full moon. I still had twelve days to prepare. I believed I had a high pain threshold but according to the research, one broke all the bones in his body to create new ones for the wolf. That meant my threshold was not high enough.

I spent a lot of time thinking about how to trigger the shift. At first, I thought if I focused on the white wolf in my dreams maybe I could turn into it. But then I could not be sure if that's what my wolf looked like. As the day grew close, I got more desperate. I still could not figure out how to trigger the shift.
On the eve of the D-day, when I had almost given up,  I got a strange visitor.