Chapter 5: Icefang

As you may guess, every five chapters there will be a different POV of other characters to bring you more in depth of their thoughts. The first one will be Icefang's POV. Enjoy!

~

The moment Flailstar named Sorrelpaw his apprentice, he was glad.

Sorrelpaw have proved to be an enthusiastic kit since she was a young kit and Icefang was still an apprentice himself.

The Clan respects me, Icefang thought. And Flailstar even gave me an apprentice even though I am a new warrior. I am bound to be deputy soon.
Icefang knew Flailstar had three lives left. When he lost all of them, Rushingflower would be leader and he would definitely be deputy.

However... Icefang didn't plan to wait long. He didn't want to wait until Rushingflower died as leader to become leader himself. No, he told himself. Waiting has brought me nothing. Waiting all those moons made me tired.

The white tom smirked. It was going to plan. He would get an apprentice. Then he would kill Rushingflower, then Flailstar.

Foolish cats, Icefang thought. They thought I was a wonderful cat, seemingly perfect and loyal. But imagine their faces when they find out. Unfortunately, by then, it will be too late to stop me.

He sneaked behind the warriors den, his white pelt carefully hidden in the shadows. The sound of pounding paws told him that some cat was practising in the camp.

It's probably Sorrelpaw, Icefang thought. Snappaw and Mintpaw would be sleeping by now.

He didn't plan to stop and chat, so he quickly sneaked out of camp before any cat noticed.

Since Icefang was out of the camp, he stared into the darkness that lay in front of him. His eyes gleamed as he remembered what happened a long time ago...

~~~~

Icepaw stomped out of camp, angry and frustrated. He had just been scolded by his mentor, Deerthorn, for arguing with his brother, Nightpaw.

It wasn't my fault, he hissed to himself. Nightpaw was the one who started it. Then, he tricked the others into thinking I was the one who did it!

Icepaw padded deeper into the forest, shredding bits of grass as he walked past. It's always Nightpaw that, Nightpaw this.

"Nightpaw is a born leader, you are not, Icepaw," many cats claimed.

Well, I will show them I'm the better apprentice! Icepaw thought.

However, no matter how hard Icepaw practised, they still only paid attention to Nightpaw.

Even the kits wanted him as a mentor!

"Why?" Icepaw yowled into the darkness of the forest. "I tried my best, waiting for the things I deserve. Yet, they never came, only to that fox-hearted Nightpaw. Tell me, why?"

"You don't have the courage to get the power you wanted," a cat purred, stepping out of the shadowy forests.

"Who are you?" Icepaw demanded.

"It doesn't matter who I am," the tom smirked. "All that matters is that whether you truly want the power lingering so close to you. I can give you power, more than you can wish for, if only you will join me to become the strongest and most feared in the Clans!"

"I do!" Icepaw mewed immediately, his green eyes gleaming hungrily.

"Then this will be what you should do..."

Over the next moon, two cats were found lifeless and dead. One was Deerthorn, Icepaw's mentor, the another was Quailflight, Icepaw's and Nightpaw's mother.

After finding black fur stuck on the claws of the two warriors, many began to suspect Nightpaw. However, the cunning tom denied it.

Finally, one fateful day, Nightpaw was seen attacking Squirrelpelt viciously. Luckily, Icepaw came in time to stop Nightpaw from injuring Squirrelpelt further.

After the attack, Nightpaw was banished and was never seen again by his former Clanmates... except Icepaw.

Icepaw smirked as he ended the life of his brother after revealing he was the one who killed Deerthorn and Quailflight.

From that day on, nothing was ever the same.

~~~~

"Icefang, you are going to be late if you stand around here," a familiar voice spoke.

"I'm just remembering bittersweet memories," Icefang meowed, turning to face the smaller cat.

"Ah, I see," the cat mused. "Anyways, both of us should hurry. My mentor is already there."

Casting a final look towards the silent camp, Icefang padded along with his ally towards the path of darkness.