Guardian

*hilltop*

Ruby made her way to the hilltop manor and she climbed up the stairs to get to Jesus's office. She opens the door to see Jaune, Tara, and Jesus all standing in the room. They look up at her and wait for her to say something but Ruby says nothing not liking the feeling of having all eyes on her. Jesus points to a chair and Ruby shuffles over and sits down.

Jesus: How are you feeling?

Ruby: Good...I just needed some attention for the few small cuts and scratches I got.

Jesus: What brings you up here, any concerns?

Ruby: No...just Alex wanted me to talk to you guys about Alpha's people

Jesus nods

Tara: What can you tell us?

Ruby: Well they don't really have a large camp. They stay moving, we didn't really find a stationary place to be when we were out there, mostly just moving around every few hours following the herd.

Jaune: did they tell you anything?

Ruby: No...they barely talk. They just whisper to each other when they need to redirect the herd.

Tara: So you saying that even if we wanted to fight them it would be hard to pick them down?

Jesus: Woah Woah, who said anything about fighting?

Jaune: it's the logical thing to do, they know where we are and we know their dangerous seeing what Lydia said and your first encounters with them when you guys went out looking for Eugene.

Jesus sighs and rubs his forehead with his fingers.

Jesus: We can't deal with an enemy like that, they're smart. The only reason we made it back that night was because Alex had seen them before, if he wasn't there who knows who we could've lost.

Jaune: We have the fair coming up Jesus, we can't be stationary knowing people that want to KILL us are out walking with the dead, if Maggie was here she'd agree on moving first.

Jesus: But she isn't here-

Tara: So this is what gets you to be the leader? To be a coward that doesn't want to prevent more deaths because you don't like to kill? They're obviously crazy man and we can't just let them walk around with their Halloween masks while threatening our people.

Jesus: Look Alpha said she didn't want trouble, she just wanted her daughter back alright? No strings attached anymore we should be fine..

Jaune shakes his head

Jaune: Do you really believe that?

Jesus: I don't know what to believe, nothing like this has ever happened to us...I mean the saviors were one thing but people wearing the faces of the dead... that's just...I don't know.

Jaune: that's exactly why we can't trust them

Jesus: Nobody makes any moves until we're certain that there's a threat okay?

Jaune: It's obvious that there is one!

Ruby looks between the two and she feels really bad for trying to bring up the topic of Alpha's people. She decides to stand up and speak to both of the men.

Ruby: just stop fighting...look jaune I know where you are coming from but after all the excitement i don't think it's good to wave the threat of war over these people's heads.

Jaune tries to say something but he stops himself and bows his head. He turns to look at Tara who was also remaining silent after her private outburst. He looks at Jesus who was lost in his thoughts before looking over at ruby and sighing.