Scars

*6 years ago*

Alex walked along the riverside searching for any sign of his father. He killed a few walkers that were buried under the sand and he looks down in the sand to see his father's colt python. He's quick to scoop it up and clean it off with the water from the river. He looks around making sure that his father's body wasn't near him, he sees nothing so he goes back to washing off the gun with a bittersweet smile.

*Few months later*

Alex walks down to Riverside with his father's revolver in a custom made holster. He walks around confidently with his strides mimicking those of his father's. He sees a walker walking towards the water and goes to kill it but he sees someone kill the walker and that someone was Michonne. Alex noticed that his step-mom was heavily pregnant which he had heard before when he went to go trade in Alexandria but he was letting it sink in that he was having another sibling.

Alex: He's not out here, me and Daryl followed the river from here to the ocean. Only thing I found was his revolver.

Alex takes out his revolver and shows it to michonne. Michonne grabs the revolver and notices the polishing that Alex has done to it. She smiles as she hands it back to him.

Alex: How's the baby?

Michonne smiles and shakes her head.

Michonne: they've got you and your father's attitude that's for sure. He's been kicking the shit out of me every morning at four. I can't sleep anyways so it doesn't matter....Judith's been asking about you, she misses her brother. It's been a while since you've been home.

Alex: I'll be back when I find something.

Michonne: There's plenty of reasons to come back, you've got us back at home waiting for you.

Alex: Michonne...the family I had before...every one of them is gone. My mom, Carl and Now my dad...if there's a small chance, even the slightest that he's out there, I have to find him.

Michonne gives Alex a bittersweet smile trying not to tear up.

Michonne: You don't need to overwork yourself.

Alex: I'm not overworking myself. I'm fine out here I promise.

Michonne: You've got your father's spirit. If anyone is gonna find him, it's gonna be you.

Alex: I hope so

Alex and Michonne stand feet from each other looking at each other with silent care and respect.

Alex: You need to get home... it's not safe out here for you and the baby. I don't need another person dying from birth related injuries, especially you.

Michonne smiles at Alex before giving him a small nod as she turns around to leave. Alex watches his step mom disappear behind the clearing.

*Present*

Alex and the rest of the group arrive at the Gates of Alexandria. They open the gates for the group and they enter the community only to be greeted by a confused and not so pleased Aaron and Michonne.

Michonne: What's going on here?

Alex: We're not gonna be here long, Henry's hurt and he needs stitches.

Michonne looks behind them all and sees Lydia standing there sheepishly.

Michonne: What about her?

Michonne says as she points to Lydia who tenses up a bit after being called out.

Alex: She's with us

Michonne seems a bit skeptical but trusts his judgement. Aaron on the other hand still felt had his suspicions