𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁

SCARLETT POV

Last night, was... eventful.

I said somethings I shouldn't have, he barely even talked and just watched me. He was right, I do remember it. And I was also right, last night.

I don't really care.

But another thing, I do remember is he didn't deny any of the things intoxicated Scarlett said. So I think... i'm good? Maybe. I don't know.

I needed to get my mind off it, so I decided I wouldn't go to school today. I'll just be productive, maybe i'll go to the gym or something, and then I can get a coffee.

I love skipping school on Monday's, it's that one extra day. It really makes the difference.

Anyways, back to Tom. I'm scared he'll think i'm like broken or something. It wasn't really that deep, I just smoke weed. So what?

So I guess I do care, in some ways. But only about the ways that matter. What if he thinks i'm trying to off myself. I'm really not.

Not at the moment, at least.

Anywho.

I was just about to get into my car. I had made a protein shake at home. It didn't take me too long to get ready, usually I hated it when people would see me without makeup. I just felt so naked, without it on. But, I knew I was just going to sweat it off and that's pointless.

And then, I just threw on a matching light pink gym set. It was one of those sets, where it was like biker shorts and a sports bra.

I just needed to get more energized, I haven't been to the gym in awhile. Considering cheer is like a workout on its own, but sometimes you just need to be, in the moment. I actually enjoyed being alone, for someone who was extremely clingy. If we're walking together, we're holding hands or linking pinkies.

No matter who you are.

I opened my tote bag, walking into the gym. I got out my headphones, that had been way too big for my head. But hey, they worked.

I hated airpods, they made my ear canals hurt.

So these will do for today.

I moved to the side of the entrance, tying my shoelaces. They always came undone so quickly for some reason, whatever reason that is.

I patted my shoes off, picking my things back up. I noticed a pair of legs, right in front of me.

I looked up, this is lovely.

"Why are you here?" I stood up, walking over to the treadmills. "Same reason you are i'm guessing." Tom chuckles, doesn't he have lives to save? Or sorry— boobs to save?

"Why aren't you at work?" I questioned.

"Why aren't you at school?"

"Fair." I sighed, getting on the treadmill. I turned to look at Tom again. "You're... what's the word?" I was looking at his biceps.

"Oh, I could use many words to list myself. Charismatic, smart, kind—"

"Okay shut up, not that." I put a hand in his face, stopping him from going any further.

"Toned, fit, whatever tickles your interest." I payed attention to the speed I was going at, turning it up just a little bit.

"Tickles my interest?" He leaned against the other treadmill, staring at me.

"Well, I was going to say whatever tickles your pickle. But, I was afraid you were going to take it the wrong way. So." I pushed some of my bangs out of my face.