𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫-8

-'♡'-

"Hello!! Nagma, Milna chahte hai ham aapse," Aditya said and cut the call. 

After that, he started wearing a sweater when Ragini came from behind and asked, "Where are you going?"

"For work, I'll come soon. Do you need anything?" he said while tying his shoe. 

Ragini didn't say anything, and he left.

After a few minutes of walking, he went to a small cafe and sat there. 

Then a girl in a burkha came and sat in front of him. 

He talked to her for a few minutes, then stood up from his chair, hugged her, and left the cafe without knowing Ragini was standing far away, looking at him.

She followed him because she heard him talking with a girl. 

At first, she thought to ignore it, but unknowingly ended up following him because she wanted to clear her thoughts. 

When she saw him too close to the other girl, she felt hurt.

"If he is seeing someone, why is he keeping me with him? It's wrong. I even started feeling for him, but he is already with someone, so it's totally wrong to live with him, to think about him, to feel for him, to fall for him," she whispered to herself, tears falling from her eyes. 

She came back home with tears flowing, not knowing where she needed to go, but not wanting to live with him and fall for him more and more. 

She opened her small bag and started packing her things, wanting to leave before he came. 

She packed everything, then heard a knock on the door. 

Approaching the door, she asked from inside, "Who's this?" 

Upon hearing Aditya's voice in reply, she sighed deeply and then opened the door.

"Your eyes are red? Did you hurt them?" he asked, looking at her eyes as soon as she opened the door.

"You hurt them," she unknowingly replied in a whisper.

"What?" he asked again.

"Nothing—just—I'm saying I'm leaving," she said, taking a deep breath and closing the door.

"Leaving for where?" he asked while removing his shoes.

"None of your business," she said with a little anger. He looked at her face in shock and confusion, then sat up from the floor.

"What's the reason behind this rude behavior?" he said, raising his eyebrows.

She shuddered a bit but said, "I don't want to live with you, so I'm leaving." 

He held her arms and asked in slight anger, "And why don't you want to live with me? Did I do something that makes you uncomfortable?"

"You are doing it right now," she said with tears slipping from her eyes, closing them shut. 

He realized and hurriedly let go of her arm, whispering, "Sorry."

"No, you don't have to feel sorry. I'm sorry," she said slowly, making him confused.

"Why are you behaving like this?" he asked again in a calm voice.

They were talking when a knock disturbed them. 

She was about to go to open the door, but he held her wrist and stopped her, going to the door himself and opening it, only to witness two police officers in front of them. 

Ragini's breath hitched seeing them.

"What?" Aditya asked calmly.

"Ji, hame aapke ghar ki talashi leni hai," one of the police officers said to him but stopped, looking at Ragini who was standing behind. 

He continued, "Aap to akele rahte hai janab, aisa hame aapke padosi ne bataya. To ye mohtarma kaun hai?" he completed, raising his eyebrows.

He looked back at Ragini, who was sweating, hearing all this. 

Then he again looked at the police officers and said, "Biwi hai hamari, Hamne jaldi hi shadi kari hai," which made Ragini confused and shocked at the same time.

"Nikah ke kagzat dekh sakte hai?" one police officer asked, and Ragini felt a shiver. 

Aditya just turned back and went towards the cabinet in the hall. 

Ragini was just tracing his movements because she thought it was the end for her. 

But Aditya took some papers out from the cabinet and then approached the police officer and gave them. 

They flipped through the pages, then looked at each other and said, "Maaf kariyega, hame koi galatfehmi hui," and then left. 

Aditya closed the door and then turned back, looking at Ragini, who was standing like a statue.

She then approached him and snatched the papers from his hand, flipping through the pages and her eyes went wide. "Ye-ye-"

"Nakli hai," he said and then went near the cabinet to place them securely.

"But-aapne ye kaise banwaye-?" she asked again, following him.

"None of your business," he said in the same tone like she said a few minutes ago, which made her angry. 

She then made a pout and said, "This is my business, you literally made fake papers of marriage. I need an explanation."

"So you want to make real papers?" he said, stepping closer to her. 

She stepped back and hit the wall. 

He stood just in front of her, looking at her. 

She lowered her gaze, and he lowered his face near her ear, whispering slowly, "Well, I don't have any problem with this," making her eyes widen in shock. 

She looked into his eyes for a moment, then realized about the girl he met in the cafe.

"Damn audacity of this man. A moment ago he was hugging a girl in the cafe, and now he's flirting with me," she said in her mind, then stepped on his foot in anger, making him hiss in pain and take a step back.

"Why are you behaving like a jangli billi? It was all fine, but since morning—" he was saying when she cut him off and said in irritation,

"Then should I behave after knowing that you are roaming around and hugging a random girl, and now here you are flirting with me?" She stopped when she realized she was speaking the truth, that she followed him. 

He raised one eyebrow and looked at her. 

She immediately tried to run, but he held her wrist, pushed her to the wall, and lightly grabbed her neck, enough to make her scared and shiver. 

He then came close to her face and said in a dangerous tone, "Don't you dare to follow me and spy on me. I hate this."

She fearfully looked into his eyes and then closed her eyes. 

He let go of her neck, took a step back, cleared his throat, and said again, "She was like my sister, so don't think bullshit, Ragini." 

And saying this, he left. 

She opened her eyes, let out the breath she was holding, her heart racing like she had been running for ages.

"Why the hell I explain about Nagma? There's no need for that, Aditya," he said, groaning in frustration. 

Then he rubbed his hand through his hair, "So that means she was crying after seeing me hugging Nagma? Did that mean she was jealous? Hmmm," he said, raising his eyebrows, then continued, mimicking her sentence, "You are too old for my taste," and chuckled.

-'♡'-

!!Vote vote vote please!!