Chapter 1

June 5, 2009
"Can you please hand me that box?" I heard a voice say. "Desiree, hand me that box please." I snapped my head up from my phone to see my mom staring at me.

Putting my phone back in my pocket I picked the box sitting next to me up and handed it to my mom, before turning my attention back to my phone. "If you're gonna be on your phone can you atleast walk Sophie around and see if she needs to go to the restroom?" I sighed and rolled my eyes before walking over to grab my dog's leash. "Desiree Marie Miller, do it with a smile and without the attitude."

"Well maybe if you guys didn't make us drop everything and move us to a random city in Georiga, I wouldn't have an attitude and actually have a reason to smile." I sarcastically replied back before grabbing Sophie's leash. "Come on Soph, let's go."

"Thank you. And it's not my fault your dad got transferred to Dawsonville, it's his work." my mom said as I shook my head and walked away with Sophie.

As I walked down the road I looked around at my surroundings. I couldn't help but admit Dawsonville was gorgeous, but it was different compared to where I had been living. My dad being a lawyer had a job opportunity for a promotion. As exciting as it was, it meant moving away from home, friends, school. As I continued to walk my dog Sophie all of a sudden I heard a voice yelling.

"Skamp, Skamp no! Come back!!!"
I looked to my left to see a red & tan Doberman Pinscher running straight for me and Sophie. Further behind the dog a guy around my age running behind him. To protect my dog the only thing I could do is pick my dog Sophie up.

"Can you get your dog please!" I yelled holding Sophie.

"I'm so sorry he slipped his collar." the guy replied as he put the collar back on his dog. That's when I heard another voice from behind him. Looking past a woman with dark hair walked up.

"Is everything okay, so sorry he doesn't usually take off. But he is super friendly and loves other dogs." the woman replied. As I felt my mom walk up behind me, I put Sophie back down. "Gorgeous Cocker Spaniel by the way."

"Thank you. No harm, no foul. It happens ours has also gotten loose before." My mom replied. "I'm Debbie, this is my daughter Desiree, and our dog Sophie." I looked at the woman as my mom introduced us. I looked over to see my dad and my brother walking over. "This is my husband John and my son Ryder."

"Nice to meet you, my name is Cindy. This is my son Chase, and of course this is Skamp." Cindy replied, looking over her shoulder and motioning to a man coming out of their house. As the man approached us I looked at my dad with shock in my eyes. "This is my husband Bill."

I watched as my dad shook his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Looking at the guy he knew my dad and I had recognized him.

"I'm going to go with the looks on your face and your daughter's face that you know who I am." Bill replied as we nodded our heads.

"Your Bill Elliott" I replied as he laughed. Little did I know that this moment would change my life.

June 23, 2009
"So are you guys gonna tell me where we are going?" I asked as I looked out of the window of the car.

"If they tell you will you finally shut up?" I looked over to meet eye contact with Chase.

"Maybe. So where are we going?" I replied getting a smile from him.

"Trust me you will love it. We are almost there." Cindy replied as her and my mom exchanged a glance before returning her attention back to the road.

About 15 minutes later we pulled into what I couldn't believe, a horse farm. "Finally, horses!" I yelled as I began getting giddy. After parking we all got out of the car as another lady approached us.

"Hi, I'm Tiffany Wilkson. I'm the main horse trainer here." I smiled at her as she made eye contact with me. "You must be Desiree, I've heard you are interested in getting into the horse eventing world, is that true?"

"Absolutely I do." I replied. "But I can't be an eventer if I don't have a horse."

I turned my head confused as Tiffany started to laugh. "I knew you would say that, but turn around."

I turned around and could not believe what I was seeing. Standing behind me was a black horse with 4 white legs and a big white face. Looking back at Tiffany she smiled, "Meet Spartan he is yours."

Looking over at Chase who had a smile on his face, I looked back at Spartan. Little did I know that my dreams would start all thanks to Dawsonville.

That was chapter 1 please vote and let me know what you think.

Chapter 2 coming soon