Ch.6:The Daily Rat

The group was getting patched up.

Ben:This how it feels to get into a fight?

Julie:You have no idea.

Thea:We need to find out what the villains are up to, and stop them.

Tarantula was looking at her laptop, and then became rather nervous.

Tarantula:Uh, guys, remember how that news report made us look like the bad guys?

Diane:Yeah?

Tarantula:Well...it just got worse.

She turned the TV on to another report by Sally.

Sally:More on the story of the Bad Guys. Another attack in downtown New Mouse City. The Bad Guys and a few members of the Stilton Family engaged in the villains. However, they ended up letting the villains getting away. Some protectors they are.

Snake:Oh, sorry that going up against several villains is a little difficult!

Sally:If you ask me, I think the Bad Guys brought the villains here to look good. And they've involved the dear Stilton family in their little scheme.

The group started to get angry.

The report then showed Geronimo cowering as Ben was being attacked.

Sally:Some uncle Mr.Stilton is. Letting his nephew be attacked like that.

Ben:That's not true!

Sally:Could the Bad Guys have brought danger to our city for publicity? And if so, are the Stiltons conspiring with them to get a good scoop? We'll find out soon enough.

Wolf angrily threw a stapler at the TV.

Wolf:You lying sack of trash! That's not what happened and you know it!

Wolf punched a hole in the wall.

Thea:Mr. Wolf, I understand you're frustrated, but can you please refrain from destroying the office?

Thea turned the TV off.

Julie:Okay, we need to figure this out.

As everyone was discussing, Wolf saw Geronimo sitting on the couch in the corner.

Wolf:You okay?

Geronimo:She was right about one thing:I did just stand there while Ben was being attack.

Wolf:You were shocked and scared. You didn't know what to do. Lots of people have moments like that.

Geronimo:But I could have done SOMETHING. I've always been a coward.

Wolf sighed.

Wolf:Look, you wanna know why we chose you for this interview? Because we saw what an honest and brave man, er mouse, you were.

Geronimo:Really?

Wolf:Of course. Sure, you may not be the bravest or know how to fight, but you are one of the most honest people I've seen. You've always stood for what was right. If you really were as cowardly as you think, you wouldn't have stopped all those crooks, or solved any of those crimes. And I'm sure you won't back down from this.

Geronimo wiped his tears.

Geronimo:Thank you, I really needed to hear that.

Wolf nodded. Diane came up to them.

Diane:You guys okay?

Wolf:We're fine.

Diane:Okay. Now back to the task at hand, we need to find out what's going on.