Chapter 2

His laughter dies down, but he still wears a little smirk on his face. "My boyfriend came home yesterday covered in coffee. He says that some pretty lady knocked into him." My eyes widen in moriftification, and my mouth drops open a bit. You've got to be kidding me. Small world, I guess... unfortunately for me. I think he sees that im about to start explaining myself, so he quickly tells me that it's alright.

"Honestly, it was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. He's always so put together. It was nice to see him like that." 
Sure... whatever you say. "I'm Finn, by the way." The name suits him.

Wanting to change the subject, I introduce myself and ask him if he needs any help finding a product.

"Yes, please! My friend came over the other night for our housewarming party and brought us a candle. After lighting it, I decided I needed at least 3 more. It's Teakwood and Amber, I think!"

I dont tell him, but that's a personal favorite of mine. In my opinion, the scent is a perfect balance of earthy and sweet - instantly making your home inviting and cozy feeling. 

   I lead him towards a display shelf, which holds the candle he enjoys so much, as well as a few others that have the same scent profile. His eyes light up,  and he immediately starts sniffing the different options.  Trying to be descrete, I hang back and observe him. He's very easy on the eyes. Despite clumsily entering my shop, he now moves with a sort of confidence  that makes me  jealous. He has lean muscles and long legs. As he bends down to check out a candle on a lower shelf, I can confirm his ass is pretty perfect, too. Jesus, Sage. He admitted to being in a relationship... with a man, no less. I shake my head and 
turn around to busy myself while he picks out what he wants. After a few more minutes, he seems pleased with his new choices.

"Why don't you look around, I will bring these to the front desk for you," I say to Finn. He agrees quickly tells me thanks.

While im wrapping his candles so they dont break on the way home, Finn walks up to the counter and sets down a couple bars of soap he chose as well. One soap is a smoked Mohogany & Sandalwood and the other a Bergamot & Lavender. He has exceptional taste.

"You've got quite the place here, Sage. It all smells so amazing!"

Fighting the blush I know is coming, I tell him thank you, then continue to pack his items into a cute gift bag with our logo on the front. It makes me feel proud of myself, knowing people like my creations. I've put a lot of effort into my small business.
"Thanks for stopping in, Finn. Im glad you enjoyed your candle so much that you had to come back for more. And um.. tell your boyfriend that I really am sorry for spilling coffee all over him."

-----------------------------------------

Around 7, I decided it was time to close up for the day. I do a quick sweep of the floors,  restock the items that were sold today, and count down the register. Once I double-check that the doors are locked, I make my way to my car. It's warm for a winter day, so I crack my windows and listen to music loudly on my way home. 15 minutes later, im pulling up to my apartment complex, totally ready to fix myself something to eat and shower. 

As im walking up the stairs that lead to my front door, my phone rings. I glance at the screen and see it's my mother calling. I contemplate ignoring it, but think better of it considering she's already called 3 times  today.  "Hey. Mom."

"Sage, hello, dear. I've been trying to get a hold of you all day. Im your mother, you must answer when I call," she scolded.

"Today was a busy day at work, mom. I didn't have the time to talk."

She scoffs a bit, and it causes me to tense. Vera Moore has proven time and time again that she disapproves of my career choice. A soapmaker is an inferior profession when it comes to our family. Never mind that I worked my ass off to get to where I am today. Id think the ambition and perseverance I've shown would win me some brownie points.

"Ah yes. Your little hobby." I can hear the displeasure in her voice.

"Did you have something specific to talk about, or are you just calling to shit on all my hard work?"

"You're too pretty to have such an ugly mouth," she spat. "Join your father and I for dinner on Saturday."

I'd rather eat worms.

Although reluctant, I say yes to appease her - mostly because I want this dreadful phone call to end.

  Inside my front door is a small entryway. I place my keys in a decorative bowl that sits on a thin accent table. A round gold framed mirror is hanging directly above.  Opposite of the table is a bench with shoe storage below.

I take off my shoes and toss my coat on the bench, and head straight to the kitchen. The chicken noodle soup I made last night is calling my name.

My belly is growling as I sit down with my bowl of soup at my small wooden table. The legs are painted white, and the top is natural wood. I found it on the side of the road and fixed it up. It matches surprisingly well with my cabinet and counterops.
After eating 2 large servings, I feel full and want to take a shower. Gotta wash the negativity off from the chat I had with mommy dearest.

My soap collection is extensive considering my job. I choose a Lavender and Sage goats milk blend for tonight. The milk creates a creamy lather and helps moisturizes your skin - beneficial for these dry, cold months.

When I'm finished, I feel much more relaxed and smell wonderful. I dress in a black t-shirt, 3 sizes too big, a ratty pair of green shorts, and fuzzy purple socks. Wine sounds good, so I pour a small glass of Rosé and then curl  up with a blanket on my couch. I turn on Netflix and choose Gilmore Girls to watch. It's a comfort show for me, even though Rory pisses me off.

I find myself dozing off faster than expected, so I head to bed. I flop down and get comfy. As im drifting off into sleep, I can't help but think about the two handsome men I've run into. Well... Finn kind of ran into me. Whatever. I wonder if they've used their new soaps.
Damn. I bet they smell good.