Chapter 11

BROOKE POV

Something inside me changed when Samuel and I spent a few hours together at his movie set, which heated up with a passionate kiss.

Damn you, Samuel, for causing me to have feelings for you when I know, darn well, I will get my heart broken in the end. But maybe, just maybe, it's worth the risk to see where this unexpected connection could lead us.

I rolled to my side as the sun poured into the room and sighed, wondering if I should take a chance on love despite the potential for heartbreak. Maybe this time will be different. But Samuel is always surrounded by beautiful women, and I can't help but feel like just another one in his long line of conquests. However, the way he looked at me during our time together makes me wonder if there's something more genuine between us. Perhaps it's worth exploring further, despite the risks involved.

Samuel asked me to be his date at the wedding, so that's a start.

I placed my pillow over my face and screamed with confusion and excitement.

A knock on the door causes me to stiffen and answer with an unsure tone. "Yes,"

"Come on, Brooke, we have a full day of wedding planning ahead of us." Samuel's voice echoed, and I smiled.

"Give me a few minutes, and I'll be right there." I said, not losing my smile and realising Samuel was making the effort after I had expressed doubts about his commitment to the wedding planning process. He must really want me to be his date at the wedding. I quickly did my morning routine, got dressed, and joined Samuel, feeling grateful for his dedication to making an effort to find a venue for Ella and Lance's wedding.

As I took a seat, I noticed Samuel was glancing through the wedding folder Ella and Lance gave us with their ideas, and Samuel lifted his eyes to me with a smile that reached his eyes.

"So, I've been up for a couple of hours and arranged to have a look at some venues." Samule informed me as he glanced back at the folder.

"Are they what the couple wants?" I asked just to make sure Samule wasn't playing a trick on me.

"It's a little more luxurious than what they were initially thinking, but I think they will love it." It seems like Samuel is finally taking this wedding seriously. "I also made a new list and split it between us." He adds. "Hopefully, this will make things easier for both of us." He just realised how much work goes into planning a wedding.

"Yeah, well, I did most of it last time while you did nothing. So you owe me this time." I hissed, and he planted a kiss on my lips to shut me up.

"Brooke, I apologise for my absence, but I'm focused, and I'm not losing the opportunity for you to be my date." He smugly said that and kissed me, which caught me off guard and knocked the breath out of my lungs.

I creased my brows at him as he stood with the folder, ready to leave, but it's that grin that's not going unnoticed. Oh, Samuel Hunter, I am on to you and your charming ways.

"You may think you won this little battle with your charm and smooth words, Mr. Hunter, but I'm not that easily swayed," I replied with a playful smirk. Samuel chuckled, his eyes sparkling with amusement as he leaned in closer.

"Challenge accepted," he whispered before pressing another quick kiss to my lips and turning to walk away, leaving me both flustered and intrigued.

"Not so fast, lover boy." I retort, and he halts with a smirk. "I'll be keeping a close eye on you," I warned playfully, unable to hide the smile tugging at my lips. Samuel just chuckled and winked before heading out the door, leaving me both exasperated and intrigued by his confident demeanour.