Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossoms are another spring blooming flower, that I think suits because it is spring in the story and Felix is from the Spring Court. Cherry Blossoms have become associated with living in the moment, taking time to appreciate things as they are at present, and not always looking at the distant future that is bound to change. They can also symbolise femininity. In this chapter, Felix is trying not to focus on how he has to try and win Hyunjin's heart. Instead, he tries to enjoy what he is wearing for the ball and how he feels beautiful in it.

I also rewatched the skz vlog of Felix, Hyunjin, and Jeongin getting their personal colour theory done. Lighter, pale tones suited Felix more, so I designed his dress off of that. Cherry Blossom petals are also a light pink color, which I feel like it makes it a good choice.

____

Felix

Five Hours Earlier

Felix stared at the dress his mother had made for him. The rose-pink and ivory satin ball gown had been specifically designed for the Summer Cout ball. She wanted Felix in light colours that made his skin glow and showcased the Spring Court. As the daughter of the Spring Court's capital, it was only right that he stood out compared to the others.

The dress's bodice was a puffball sleeve, off-the-shoulder, ivory top, topped with a rose-pink corset that laced up with an ivory ribbon in the back, coming down in a 'v' at the front. A petticoat was hidden under a layer of ivory satin, then an ivory lace with cherry blossoms embroidered across and bunched into ruffles at the hem. On top, a rose-pink satin curtained around the back and sides, leaving the front open for the lace to be seen. As Felix walked the satin would shimmer underneath. On his bed, a matching cloak was folded along with a pair of ivory long-sleeve gloves, and a pearl necklace.

Felix couldn't deny that it was beautiful and that he was excited to wear it, however, the dress was a reminder of his duties for the night. His mother would most likely be monitoring him the whole time, while also trying to get him near to the Prince. Felix hoped Minho would be able to come up with an excuse to let him hide away for a bit, even if it was just for a minute.

"Are you ready, Your Royal Highness?" Chaeryeong said, coming to stand beside the Princess-a set of towels folded across her arms.

Felix hummed. At least he could enjoy the night knowing that he did feel beautiful in the dress.

"I'm glad you like it, daughter." Felix's mother stood to his other side. She wanted to see Felix's expression when he first saw the dress and could easily say she was pleased when Felix broke into a wide smile. "I believe you are going to outshine many there."

"Thank you, mother, for having this wonderful dress made for me." Felix's appreciation was genuine.

"Good, now let's get you bathed and glistening." His mother led the way and watched over as Felix was prepared. It was bad to think of her daughter as a product, but everyone had their duties.

--

"Have you been remembering the information I got for you about Prince Hwang Hyunjin?" Felix's mother spoke, looking at his reflection in the mirror as he had his hair done.

"Yes, mother. You may test me." Felix worked hard to not disappoint or risk offending his mother at the ball.

The Queen cleared her throat. "Very good. I'll start easy then they'll get more difficult. Your first question is, what is the Prince's birthday?"