Parrot Tulip

Parrot Tulips come in various colour combinations. The general meaning behind them is "beautiful eyes," since often, the most beautiful eyes are a complex mix of shades. They are also good to use as a gift for a crush as they tell the receiver that you like that their eyes make your heart flutter. In this chapter, Hyunjin quickly comes to realise his feelings for the Princess and they way she looks at him as his heart doing somersaults.

___

Hyunjin

"Why her?" Hyunjin's mother asked as they saw the carriage bringing the Spring Court's Princess.

Hyunjin stood strong, aware of his mother's judgemental glare.

His mother was shocked, to say the least when he brought up the Princess over breakfast. He was sure that the sound of her fork hitting the floor could be heard throughout the whole castle in the silence that came afterwards. After a bit of back-and-forth arguing, his mother finally allowed it as it was his choice in who he was to spend the rest of his life with.

Finally, a servant was sent to deliver a letter requesting the Spring Court's Queen and Princess to join them for lunch. Hyunjin's mother never said anything about her apparent disapproval of the Queen even though they were about to spend the next few hours together.

"She seemed very sweet, and I was not able to have a proper conversation with her last night. If I'm going to marry, I want that woman to be of my liking," Hyunjin replied.

Hyunjin couldn't lie that he was nervous, he could feel his heart racing faster than the horses pulling the carriage. He'd spent the night thinking of the Princess until he passed out from the alcohol and exhaustion. Even his first waking thought was of her.

The Princess had looked so fragile that Hyunjin wasn't sure if it was some natural male instinct inside of him, telling him to protect her. Or, if he had found a woman which his heart was telling him to love. It was all too early to be certain, and there were formalities that needed to be taken.

As the carriage entered the front courtyard, Hyunjin started to wonder what the Princess would be wearing. From what he'd seen in the glimpses of the ball's light, he should've known straight away that she was a princess.

Hyunjin's mother let out a sharp sign when the carriage came to a stop before straightening her back and putting on a false smile.

The carriage door opened and someone who was most likely a guard from the way they dressed helped the Princess out of the carriage. Hyunjin felt his heart beat faster as his eyes locked with the Princess for a second before she quickly lowered her head.

"Your Majesty, Your Royal Highness, thank you for this opportunity," the Queen said as she and her daughter curtsied.

"Thank you for coming here upon my request," Hyunjin managed to say before his mother. He was surprised that he was even able to say the sentence without a stutter.

Upon waiting for their arrival, Hyunjin had paced around his room. His manservant, Jisung, was struggling to make an outfit that Hyunjin approved of. The two had almost gone through the whole wardrobe before Hyunjin was satisfied—Jisung nearly threw the clothes at Hyunjin when he finally said, "Yes, that will look great.".

Hyunjin had also contemplated about what subjects he would talk about with the Princess, and how to apologise for the previous night's rambles.

"Queen Lina," Hyunjin's mother voiced, "it's been a long time. Oh, how you have aged well. I'm sure we have much to catch up on."