Part 1: The Boy from Tokyo

——————————————————————
-9:05 am
-September 2nd, 1945
-Western Tokyo
——————————————————————

Smoke

That was the first thing that overwhelmed my senses as I slowly awoke from what felt like an eternity of slumber. Opening my eyes took some effort as it felt like they were welded shut.

A couple moments later my vision was filled with an unfamiliar view, a traditional Japanese style room greeted me. Tatami mats line the floor, light filtering through paper windows and doors.

"...." No words could come to me after this unexpected situation. 

'Just a few moments ago I was.....'

A soft knock on the door cut off my thought process. The paper door to my left slid open revealing an older man with greying hair dressed in what appeared to be a traditional kimono.

"Ah.... Saki-sama, I'm sorry if I disturbed you, but there is a guest here who wishes to speak to you about matters regarding your parents in the meeting room."

In an instant it was like a fog lifted from my mind. Two sets of memories came to me, one of a man on his way into the working world, the other the 16 year old heir to an imperial Japanese clan. Saki Haruto, that was the only name that I could remember from both of these memories and the name of my current body. After a few moments I turned to the servant Haruto had known since he was a child with my demeanor relaxing after the recall of these memories.

"Thank you, Ikutski-san, for letting me know. Tell our guest I will join him shortly"

The older man had a glimmer of surprise in his eyes before he returned to his neutral expression and closed the door behind him. It was a natural reaction as due to recent events Haruto had not interacted with anyone for a couple of months. The servants had all but gave up trying to get him to talk and the only interaction he's had with them has been the twice daily delivery of food.

It only took me 5 minutes to dress into my formal clothes with my body moving on muscle memory alone. I felt like I should honestly be freaking out from this whole situation, but I can only feel a sense of acceptance. I don't know how or why this happened. Both Haruto and my previous self wouldn't feel this way, and I won't forget that. However, it is important to remain as 'normal' as I can be to the world, and even though Haruto was ready to die in this room this new me wanted to live.

A short walk through the courtyard brought me to the door of the meeting room of the Saki clan compound. I had no idea who could be trying to contact the heir of the Saki, Haruto hadn't had contact with any family friends or business partners since the funeral.

A white haired girl greeted me when i entered the room. A polite smile appeared on her face. Her eyes though showed a sliver of sadness, something familiar to the memory of Haruto. Her face and hair, on the other hand, triggered something in the other set of memories I had. 

'This face..... where have I seen it before?'

I sat down in front of a table in the middle of the room, right across from this semi-familiar girl.

"Hello Saki-sama, my name is Fujimai and I'm glad to make your acquaintance." 

She gave a slight bow after her introduction.

"Why did you need to speak with me Fujimai-san? And who are you?"

Besides the slight recognition I have for this girls face, Haruto had never met this person. It was also suspicious that Ikutski had let this girl who looks to be around Haruto's age into the compound. 

"Eh?....Sorry, I forgot to say that didn't I? I'm just here as a messenger for an important person."

"Is this a message from the government?"

"No....uh how do I explain this easily?"

She appears to ponder for a moment before seemingly making her mind up about something. The air around her head seems to shimmer in the light before two cat ears appear on top of her head, visibly moving slightly.

"I have come as a messenger of the Leader of the Eastern Youkai Faction, Nurarihyon."

The realization of my situation crashed into me like a truck. This world isn't the place I thought it was, where I thought my biggest concern would be surviving in a world at war and the aftermath. This was something worse, a world where monsters are around every corner and gods walk among men. This world is DxD.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N-Thank you all for reading the first chapter

I want to give a special shout-out to  @Jobrufus for helping me proof read and edit my drafts (He didn't have to help me his ability didn't win the poll, he's very sad)

As always I will welcome any comments or criticism on how I can improve my writing. Hope Everyone has a nice rest of their day