seven: birthday

Liam's POV

It was my 16th birthday.

Well, my and Luna's 16th birthday.

It was the first birthday without her, it felt..empty..

But my brothers insisted I celebrated it, we all knew Luna would want that.

I spent the morning with my brothers, we went out for breakfast and went to the park after that.

I spent the afternoon with my friends, we went to an amusement park and ate out.

And then in the evening, me and my brothers went to Luna's grave.

"Hey.." I whispered while sitting next to her headstone.

"I miss you so much, sis. We're turning 16 today..it's a bit lonely without you" I mumbled while tracing a small heart on the grass.

The others sat next to me and wished her a happy birthday.

"I hope you're watching over us, we miss you every day. I wish we could've done more" I said while closing my eyes and leaning my forehead on the cold headstone.

I bit my lip as tears threatened to spill.

"It's okay, you can cry" Charlie said while opening his arms for a hug.

I hugged him and took a deep breath before letting out a heartbreaking sob, I started crying so much that my body shook.

"She didn't deserve this..why couldn't she have a good and happy life, Charlie?" my voice cracked as I spoke.

At this point, everyone was silently crying.

"I..I don't know, Liam..I don't know.." Charlie whispered while tightening his arms.

We stayed there until midnight, talking with Luna, telling her how things have been and how much we missed her.

Eventually we all felt tired so we had to say goodbye "Bye, Luna..I love you.." I whispered before standing up with Charlie's help.
.
.
.
At home, I couldn't sleep.

Everyone was already sound asleep but I just couldn't.

I kept having bad memories of Luna's attempts.

I got up and walked out of my room, I hoped that Noah was awake since he always is up late.

I knocked on his door and waited..

Minutes later, the door thankfully opened "Yes?"

I looked up at him and swallowed the lump in my throat "I-I can't sleep.." I whispered.

Noah's eyes softened and he put his arm around me, bringing me in his room "You can stay here, I don't mind"

"Were you sleeping?" I asked while sitting down on his bed.

"I was about to" he replied softly.

He motioned me to get under the covers, so I did.

"Are you okay with physical touch now? Do you want me to hold you?" He asked softly while crouching down.

"Hold me..please.." I replied quietly, he nodded and got under the covers with me, pulling me in his chest.

I sniffled and hugged his chest "I love you.." I mumbled while closing my eyes.

"I love you too, Liam. Very much"

.・。.・゜・.・・゜・。.