Chapter 8 : Hunting

Chapter 8 : Hunting

In the shadowed confines of the dank alleyway, Ace pressed his back against the cold, damp bricks, his breathing ragged and labored from both the chase and the pain emanating from the gunshot wound on his shoulder.

Blood soaked through his clothing, a stark reminder of the dire situation he found himself in.

Sweat mixed with blood, matting his hair and streaking his face, as he cursed his own carelessness that led to this predicament.

He attempted to reach out for help, his fingers fumbling with his mobile phone in a desperate bid to contact Haruta, but to no avail.

The screen displayed a glaring lack of cellular service, a silent testament to his isolation and the hopelessness of his situation. Frustration and pain warred within him, each breath a gasp of agony and exertion.

From the distance, the harsh command of one of Teach's henchmen pierced the air, "Check that way! He couldn't have gone far!"

The words sent a spike of fear through Ace's already adrenaline-fueled heart, knowing that if discovered, his chances of escape would vanish.

Huddled in the relative darkness, Ace tried to silence his gasps of pain, his hand clamped over the wound in a futile attempt to stem the flow of blood.

Every sound seemed magnified in the silence that followed the henchman's shout, every drip of water from a leaky pipe or scuttle of a rat in the shadows making him tense.

At this moment, Ace was a wounded animal, relying on instinct and the hope of a miracle to survive.

He couldn't afford to let despair take hold, not when every second counted.

As he fought against the darkness encroaching on the edges of his vision, Ace made a silent vow to himself. If he made it out of this alive, he would never underestimate his enemies again.

For now, all he could do was wait, bide his time, and hope for a chance to turn the tables on those who sought his life.

With his back against the wall and the encroaching footsteps of Teach's henchmen growing ever closer, Ace realized he had only two choices: surrender to his fate or make a daring, possibly futile, attempt to escape.

The pain from his wound was excruciating, a constant reminder of his vulnerability, yet the thought of being captured—or worse, killed—by Teach's men spurred him into action.

Drawing upon reserves of strength he didn't know he possessed, Ace pushed away from the wall, his determination set like flint.

He made a break for it, limping and staggering through the labyrinthine alleyways, driven by a desperate need to survive.

His vision blurred by pain and loss of blood, Ace's only guide was the instinct to flee, to put as much distance between himself and his pursuers as possible.

However, fate seemed to conspire against him.

The henchmen, familiar with the terrain and coordinated in their pursuit, quickly outmaneuvered him.

Ace found himself cornered in a dead-end alley, the dim light from a flickering street lamp casting long shadows that seemed to dance mockingly around him.

The henchmen approached, their footsteps echoing ominously on the pavement, guns drawn and faces twisted into cruel smirks.

The lead henchman raised his weapon, aiming directly at Ace, who stood defiant yet hopelessly trapped.

Time seemed to slow, the moment stretching into an eternity as Ace prepared for the end, his thoughts a whirlwind of regret and unfulfilled promises.

But just as the henchman's finger tightened on the trigger, a sudden commotion erupted.