Chapter Forty-Seven

However, Lin Xi understood what Lisa meant. Since this aircraft can come here from Earth (judging from its intact appearance, it's impossible it made an emergency landing due to an unexplained jump failure like Helios). here), then its central computer must have records of flight routes, or, even simpler, the coordinates of this planet.

But when he saw the aircraft, Lin Xi already had a vague guess in his mind.

Perhaps, as those people said, this was indeed the destination of the Providence that mysteriously disappeared... Planet as192.

This speculation made Lin Xi feel a little nervous.

The few words Professor Ando said after going crazy in the solitary room still weighed heavily on his chest like a stone.

Providence again...

Could it be that the ghost of the captain of the Providence, who disappeared into space with a quarter of a million people three hundred years ago, was still lingering on this strange planet?

Lin Xi's reason told him that this was impossible, but sometimes, there's not enough reason to calm the human mind.

"Dr Lin Xi? Is something wrong?"

Schrodreth's trembling voice forced Lin Xi to pay attention. He glanced at the young man next to him. His face was pale, he was obviously thinking wildly because of Lin Xi's long silence.

"No, it's nothing."

Lin Xi shook his head.

He didn't show any uneasiness. Forced by the situation, he unknowingly became the leader of these four people. He had to learn to stabilize the situation.

Lin Xi clutched the gun in his hand tightly and walked forward along the corridor.

The light was very bright, so bright that he felt a little uncomfortable. Helios consumed too much fuel to maintain the "Covenant" shield, and unknowingly, he had nearly gotten used to the unstable and dim lights brought by the secondary energy source.

For the same reason, Lin Xi wasn't used to the silence here.

After all, the old things on Helios that's been in service for hundreds of years always make noises here and there from time to time— But here, except for the subtle buzzing sound when starting up, there were only the slow and hesitant footsteps of their group, echoing in the long and narrow corridor.

They first passed through a temporary passage for emergency evacuation, then used a crowbar to push open an isolation door and came to the real interior of the aircraft.

What appeared in front of Lin Xi and the others was a bright and smooth corridor. Because the spacecraft itself wasn't horizontal, the corridor was tilted all the way down.

Some circular hatches were embedded on both sides of the corridor.

Lin Xi tried to open them, but most of them were locked from the inside.

However, their original function could be seen from the metal signs on the hatch.

"Living necessities storage room 1, living necessities storage room 2, living necessities— hell, these people are so rich, how many living necessities do they have in storage?"

Schroedreth repeated the words on the signs in a low voice, and then asked in wonder.

No one answered his question. Lin Xi cautiously walked down the sloping corridor. He would stop from time to time, trying to find some clues from this smooth and sleek aircraft... clues as to why it appeared here.