Chapter Fifty-One

It's great to be alive.

This was the most vivid thought to surface in Lin Xi's mind after meeting with Bryce.

Even if there's still difficulties waiting for him ahead.

As a survivor of the exploration team, there'll be a lot of written reports waiting for him, and if he's unlucky, he'll probably have to do an oral mission report to Taran (or that damn emergency team), just these alone made Lin Xi a little envious of Jerry and the other three who were in a coma.

Not to mention, this accident had allowed them to accidentally discover a Providence aircraft— it was a life-saving straw for the Helios, about to run out of ammunition and food.

Of course, every time he repeated the adventures he had with Lina and Schrodereth in that aircraft, Lin Xi kept emphasizing that there were many huge and terrifying alien insects living in it, as well as the abnormal conditions of the mummies trapped dead in the freezer...

But looking at the ecstatic expressions of those on board the Helios, Lin Xi doubted whether they heeded his reminder.

The control board they took out from the central control room of the aircraft was immediately handed over to the technical analysts. Fortunately, after the past 300 years, the technology on the Earth hasn't completely stayed the same. According to the information revealed by Alyssa in private, it might not take long for them to completely repair the motherboard— alright! Maybe that's why the people weren't taking Lin Xi's reminders seriously.

After all, once the central control motherboard is repaired, it means that the "ghost" mechanical warriors controlled by it can resume operations.

Even if they could only use a few of the mechanical warriors Lin Xi and the others found in the central control room, they'd be able to handle most attacks with ease.

"...According to your description, we very much suspect that there's probably more mechanical warriors stored in the bottom warehouse of that aircraft," The still lovely Alyssa secretly told Lin Xi this news in private, "Del Company had gone bankrupt. Later, when the coalition government carried out the annihilation order on those mechanical warriors, they discovered that the inventory in their warehouses were extremely low. Thinking about it now, it's very likely that Del Company reached an agreement with the government of country A. Orders that hadn't left the factory in time were transported to the Providence and brought here. After all, this place isn't controlled by the solar system ban. According to the usual behavior of country A, maybe they counted on the special conditions and location to begin reselling weapons privately. You know, at that time, this place was considered the first exocolonial planet in human history."

Maybe even Alyssa herself didn't realize, when she talked about the planet where the Helios is located, she had completely equating the planet to as192.

Lin Xi pursed his lips.

He silently watched Alyssa whisper with overexcitement, and didn't remind the other party that if this really was as192, why were there no traces of jump gates that should be nearby according to the coordinates?

To erase a folded black hole at will— Lin Xi felt that even God would find it difficult.

Moreover, it wasn't just the aircraft and those damn documents and reports that made Lin Xi increasingly worried.

"Fuck……"

It was another day of reporting. Lin Xi let out a long sigh after leaving the conference room, he dragged his tired body straight to his greenhouse without stopping.

In fact, it's been so long since the Helios crash-landed, the research tasks at hands of the researchers had all been completely abandoned. No one cared about the animals and plants transported from Sunu (no matter how precious or apparently priceless they are), no one paid attention to the progress of their tasks. When even the survival of their lives were in question, the projects the researchers did seem to have become particularly insignificant.