⓿➋

~20240217

Jungkook sighed for the nth time that day before resting his forehead on the steering wheel. He straightened himself and looked at the resumes in his hands, having submitted many earlier that morning. He applied to nearly all available positions in any company without consideration of their size, desperate for a job.

Despite majoring in Business, and having aspirations of establishing his enterprise, he had carefully planned every detail, including enticing projects that were difficult to turn down.

However, the obstacle he faced was the lack of interest from potential investors due to his status as a novice in the field. Facing the reality that he needed to invest his own money to get on track before seeking more investors.

So, he meticulously planned three impressive projects on his own, he believed everything was under control when he set up his own company.

Getting married shortly after establishing his small business with his savings and some assistance from Taehyung's father, the journey wasn't extravagant but steady. However, it wasn't until one year into his marriage that things became challenging.

With the arrival of their baby Jungwon, life took a different turn. Balancing work, family, and household responsibilities was tough, yet he persevered without complaints, putting in extra hours to make up for time spent with the baby and to be there for Taehyung.

Jungkook faced the difficult decision of letting go of some employees due to financial constraints. Despite his dedication and hard work, the results were not as expected, leaving him uncertain about his approach. Eventually, he realized that lacking a certain background made survival in this competitive world challenging.

At a crucial juncture, the expenses incurred on projects surpassed the earnings, leading to the difficult decision to release employees, albeit retaining key personnel. This financial strain even made it challenging for him to provide the essentials for his child.

Jungkook even took on a large loan that he still pays for, to ensure that the remaining employees were paid without any delays. He deeply acknowledges the dedication of his team and expresses gratitude for their unwavering trust and commitment.

Throughout the duration, he exerted considerable effort, devoted extra hours at work, at times neglecting his time with family, and harbored doubts about his capabilities. Nonetheless, he exerted his utmost in realizing that despite putting in his best effort, achieving success was not solely determined by his abilities or hard work. It's just how the world works.

He eventually made the tough decision to sell his company, using the proceeds for some outstanding dues and debts, providing compensation to employees, and allocating the remainder to Jungwon's savings account.

Fortunately, he secured a job shortly thereafter. Jungkook secured a position within the finance sector, even though it was unrelated to his aspirations, purely for monetary gain.

The income accrued enabled them to sustain a comfortable lifestyle, albeit necessitating the sacrifice of his ambitions due to their financial stability not being substantial enough to invest in his dream business.

In allocating 30 percent of his salary for the loan, 40 percent for family expenses encompassing all three of them, 10 percent to their joint account, and 20 percent to Jungwon's savings account, the latter being non-negotiable even in the direst circumstances.

Unfortunately, the situation took a turn a few weeks back when Jungkook's employer filed for bankruptcy, prompting them to seek alternative job opportunities. Despite continuous efforts, Jungkook has yet to secure a new position, even facing helplessness from his previously supportive boss.