Chapter One: A Sould Mate Who Wasn't Meant To Be 🎈

Y/N's Perspective:

The dry, light green grass caressed my bare legs, stopping mid thigh because of my light blue shorts. I lied down, looking up at the bright blue sky through the tall grass, swaying gently as the wind caressed each blade. I could hear the train off in the distance as it drew closer. "I never should have told him that I loved him." My voice light, mumbled below audible. Tears streaming down my blushed cheeks.

It's June 19th, 1989. My family and I just moved here two days ago. By here, I mean Derry, Maine. Where we came from? Unimportant. Before we moved, about a month before, my boyfriend and I split up. It wasn't on good terms though.

// F L A S H B A C K //

Danson grabbed my hand as I was about to walk out of the doors that lead to the real world, away from this educated hell people described to be school. "Y/N, I . . . I need to talk to you."

I looked at him, my eyes widened a bit with concern. He pulled me aside, leaning against the cold, white cemented wall. "I . . . I don't want to be . . . 'us' anymore . . ." I felt my heart sink to my stomach. 'No, no, no. This can't be happening!' I could feel the tears gather in my eyes, yet to start raining down my cheeks.

"Did . . . did I do something wrong . . .?" All I could think of is that I was being punished for something I did. I don't know what I could have done for this to happen though. "No . . . it was what I did." My eyes widened even more so. 'No no, don't tell me! Please don't tell me he-!'

"After you told me you were gonna be moving, I started meeting up with Vanessa every Tuesday after school." I couldn't stop the feelings of sadness, anger and utter depression and fear from rushing between my stomach and my head. I felt so nauseous and sad. "You . . . you promised me though . . ." My words were breaking. I couldn't even look him in the eyes. I just stared at his white sneakers. Though, everything was blurred. I could feel the tears dripping from my eyes onto the checkered floor.

"I know I did . . ." He sounded like he was about to cry. 'Why is he about to cry? Why should he have the right to?' Not being able to take anymore, I pushed through the people walking out of the school. "Y/N! Wait up!" I heard my twin brother, Richie as we call him, shout behind me. "Y/N! I'm sorry!" Danson called from behind me. I couldn't bring myself to look back, or even go back for that matter.

Richie eventually caught up to me. "Hey, what's wrong?" Usually he jokes around, but when it comes to me genuinely being in a distraught state, even Richie doesn't begin to joke around. He may dick around sometimes, but in the end, he is a good brother who cares for me.

Though, I didn't say a word to him. My throat hurt so bad, as if there was something stuck that I just couldn't quite swallow. I just kept my gaze fixated on the ground. We made it through the doors. Once outside, I was able to look at Richie. The only thing I could manage to say came out of my mouth, "Danson . . ." I looked back down and began to silently sob, gasping for air from time to time. "Oh, Y/N . . ."

Richie wrapped his arms around my shaking body. "Hey, shhhhh. Let's get home and talk about what happened. Okay? Then afterwards, we can play games or get icecream? How does that sound." I shrug at my brother attempt to make me feel better, but grateful nevertheless. "Come on."

The walk home was silent, other than me sniffling occasionally, Richie's arm wrapped around my shoulders, keeping me close to him as we continued to walk, me having a slumped posture. Though, Richie always feels akward when things get silent and despises it. So he began to talk. "Hey! Mom and dad said they are gonna get us bikes once we get to Derry! Aren't you excited for that?" He lowered his head and bent over a bit to make eye contact with me. I nodded a bit, unable to raise the corners of my mouth. He sighed, then began to speak again.

"Things will be better once we move. We always have eachother, okay? I hate seeing you down like this Y/N! Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" He sounded desperate. I shook my head, unable to think of anything.

We eventually made it to the front door of our house. Upon entry, we were met with boxes stacked upon one another, lined up against the walls. Richie never once letting his arm unwrap from my shoulders. "Hey guys, how was school?" We heard mom ask from the kitchen. Richie lightly whispered to me, "do you want mom to know?" "Later . . ." I whispered, my eyes still fixated on the ground. He rubbed my shoulder with his hand. "School was good ma! Thank you for asking us!" Richie responded with a bright, cheerful tone.

He took us both to his room. Sitting us both on his bed, he began, "Alright, now tell me, what happened with Danson?"

"He . . . broke up with me . . . he . . . cheated on me . . . with Vanessa . . ." I looked up at him, and his face was red. Not the kind of red from being flustered, more along the lines of him being pissed. I rarely see him get this upset. His face kinda scrunched up, eyebrows knitted and lips curled. "I swear, Ima fucking kill him."

I shook my head vigorously, I could feel the tears rushing back. His expression dropped back to being concerned. "I'm sorry Y/N . . ." He fixed his glasses and rubbed my left shoulder with his other hand.

"I . . . I don't even know what I did . . ." I began to sob. Resting my head on his shoulder, he pats my back, "You did nothing! That douchebag is the one who fucked up big time!" He seemed upset. "Don't blame yourself for his poor actions Y/N! He doesn't deserve you anyways. You are too damn good for him."

"You are just saying that . . ." He grabbed both of my shoulder and pulled me back so I could see his face. He shook his head. "Nah, this is the one time I am not joking. When it comes to you being upset like this, I don't joke." I began to regain myself a bit, happy that my brother is here for me.

"Come on, let's go get some ice cream. My treat! Once we are done at the ice cream parlor, we can do whatever you wanna do. Okay?" I nodded my head, and sniffled. "Alright, let's go."

// F L A C K B A C K E N D E D //

I stayed lying in the tall grass, taking all of what happened in. Then thinking of what my brother did for me so that I could attempt to make the sadness melt away. Closed eyes, just listening to the sounds of nature and soaking in the sun.

"Y/N?! Y/N?!?!" I heard someone calling for me in the distance. Then I heard someone walk up to where I was. "Hey, a-ah-are you, Y-Y/N?" This voice was different from the one in the distance. I opened my eyes and saw a boy with dark brown hair, and light blue eyes. He wore a red flannel and extended his hand out to help me up. I took hold of his hand, and got to my feet. Dusted myself off and nodded in response to his question.

"Y/N! There you are!" I saw Richie running up to me, stopping once at my side. "Who is this?" Richie asked. "I-I am B-Buh-Bill, Duh-Denbrough. Y-you?" He extended his hand out to Richie. "Richie, Richie Tozier. Charmed, I'm sure." He said in his english accent. I shook my head in disappointment. "Aw, come on Y/N, you like that one!" He whined. "If you think that, you are delusional Rich." I chuckled a bit.

Bill also chuckled, "Y-you both suh-seem like good puh-people." He smiled. "Thank you Buh-Buh-Buh-Bill" Richie snickered, thinking he was so funny. I elbowed his arm, and he whined. "I'm sorry about him Bill, thank you."

"Hey, wah-would you guys l-luh-like to hang out with m-my friends and uh-I later today? Wuh-we are going down to the s-suh-sewers." Bill offered. Richie looked at me with a confused look, then shrugged.

"Sure, I mean, who doesn't like splashing around in shitty water." I elbowed Richie once again. "Why are you guys going to the sewers to hang out? Seems like an odd place to spend time with your friends?" Bill looked down then to the side.

He then told us the story of what happened earlier in the year. My heart sank for him. As much as I fought with Richie, I could never imagine losing him and never having him in my life again. "Hey, you are strong for being able to go through all that shit. That's the best you can do." I gave Bill a smile and he looked to me with a grin. "Thu-Thank you."

"We'll come with you to help, right Rich?" Richie sighed and nodded. With that said, we began our descent to the sewers with Bill leading us.