Chapter Four: It Took Him By Surpise 🎈

Y/N's Perspective:

I laid my head against the brick wall, just wanting to get the memories out of my head. "Y/N? You wanna talk about it now?" Richie suggested. Eddie was still here though. I shrugged. "I think Eddie seems like someone you can tell. Okay? You need to open up, I don't want you keeping this all bottled up."

I sigh, looking up at the both of them. "Okay, well I was with this guy . . . his name was Danson . . . he broke up with me . . . he also cheated on me once he found out we were moving with a girl named Vanessa . . ." I looked down, feeling ashamed yet again. "That's not where the story ends though . . ." I look up to Richie, he looks shocked. "Wait, he did more?" I nodded. "During our relationship . . . there were times where he'd try to get me to kiss him, but I would tell him I didn't want to yet, then he'd make me feel awful about it . . . so awful that I'd just break down in tears. Or . . . the few times he . . ."

I trailed off back into the memories, unable to speak. "Y/N? What else did he do?" Richie grew even more concerned.
I closed my eyes, hanging my head. "He . . . he . . ." I took a deep breath. "You remember those night's I'd come home and was covered in bruises? Like the time I had a big bruise on my rib cage?" I opened my eyes, looking back up at Rich. He shook his head in shock, his eyes wide. "You-you told me that they were from gym class! I-I-I joked around about it?!" His voice broke a bit. "He . . . got upset at me . . . I dunno why. I didn't want you to know . . . I didn't want to not be able to see him anymore . . ."

Richie wrapped his arms around me tightly. I could hear his voice begin to break, "I can't believe I let someone get away with hurting you . . ."

Eddie's Perspective:

All of the guilt I had felt before came rushing back and hit me like a truck. Not only that, but a feeling of anger welled up inside of me. I couldn't believe that someone could treat the person they love like that, let alone let the person they love treat them like that?! That's not love!!

I walked over to the both of them and sat beside Y/N. "Look, if there's one thing that I know, it's that if you love a person, you'd never want to harm that person or for them to be harmed. He deserves absolute hell for what he put you through. I bet there is more but whenever you a ready to talk about it I'm pretty sure Richie will be there for you to talk to and as will I." She started looking at me. I gave her a smile, "Look, I know we just met today, but I'm happy we have met. I can't wait to get to know you both more. Though, I feel like I know Richie all to well at this point." I sigh.

I am pretty sure I know the reason Richie has been giving me a hard time, and it may or may not have something to do with what I said about the pills. I don't think he's gonna let that one go. Y/N smiles back at me. 'Why is she kinda . . . cute? Wow, wait- what? I'm probably just saying that because she's a girl, yeah, that's it.' I analyze her even more though, and she just keeps growing more and more attractive the longer I look at her. I feel my face start to heat up. "You okay, Eddie?" Y/N asks.

"Yeah, I'm good, just spacing out. Sorry about that." She smiles and nods. "Well, we should get heading back home Y/N. Still got stuff to unpack. It kinda sucks we have to share a room." Richie begins to whine.

Y/N's Perspective:

"Hey, would it be okay if I were to walk home with you guys?" Eddie asks. I can see the optimism he holds, awaiting for an answer.

"Of course you can, right Rich?"

Richie looks Eddie up and down, then looks over to me. "Alright, he's cool. He can tag along." Rich got up, as did Eddie and I. Then we grabbed our bikes and began our descent home.

Along the way, Eddie was pointing out the different places and buildings in town. "Hey Eddie, do you know where the Quarry Bill was talking about earlier is?"