Chapter Two: New Friends, New Beginnings 🎈

Y/N's Perspective:

Bill was informing Rich and I of many things, like this kid named Henry Bowers and Henry's friends. He also told us about his two friends, Stanely Uris and Edward Kaspbrak. I was taking all of this information and trying to keep it in my mind, afraid I might forget and offend someone. Bill then stopped dead in his tracks, which caused us to stop abruptly as well. All I could see was his black backpack until he turned and faced us.

"Oh sh-shit! I fuh-forgot! We need tuh-to go to Eddie's huh-house and guh-gather some stuff buh-before we go to the suh-sewers." Bill exclaimed, struggling with each word. Richie and I nodded as we walked through town, passing many neighborhood's. We stopped at a two story house. The white exterior seeming to wear down, but not enough to be noticeable. Though, it felt sad just being there.

Bill walked up the driveway and grabbed a bike, heading back down. The bike was metallic and semi worn down. The word, "SILVER" written in all caps on the side near the peddle. The text was black. "Should we stop by our house to grab our bikes?" Richie looked over to me and nodded. We then looked at Bill, he also gave us a nod.

Our house isn't far from Bill's. Once we reached our house, we grabbed the new bikes from the side of the house. Richie's was dark green, nearly black, with red designs and random text on it. Mine looked like Richie's, only mine was a dark purple, with a cobalt blue for the design and random text. We biked behind Bill and pulled up at a house that was only a couple blocks away from our own, on the opposing side of the street. You could see it from our house.

Bill walked up to the door and knocked. The house was two stories, and red. There was a tree that loomed over the entry to the porch. Richie and I waited in the lawn, holding our bikes. The door opened, and I could barely see who was in the door frame, but I assumed it was the boy Bill was talking about earlier. He then brought the boy out, and that's when Bill's description of Edward Kaspbrak began to form into a human I can identify the information with.

Bill and the boy, who I assume is Edward, walked over to us. "Thu-This is Ruh-Richie and Y/N. They ah-are new huh-here." Edward looked at Richie, then to me. He just kinda stood there, his eyes seemingly fixated to mine. I began to speak, "Hi, my name is Y/N Tozier. This is my twin-"

"Richie, Richie Tozier. How do you doooo . . . ?" Richie reached his hand out to shake Edward's hand, but he kinda looked at him with disgust. "Edward, but you can call me Eddie." Eddie pushed Richie's hand down, wiping his hand on his shirt. "Well, nice to meet you Eddie Spahgetti." He began to speak in his awful English accent once again. I rolled my eyes, giggling at how awful it is.

"It's just, 'Eddie'?"

"Sorry, that's just what Richie does. He's a weirdo like that. It's nice to meet you Eddie." I shot him a smile. "Um, nice to meet you as well Y/N."

It went silent for a bit, until Eddie spoke up. "I'm not trying to be rude when I say this, but I'm not allowed to have girls in the house. My ma would have a cow. Are you okay with waiting out here?" He asked, looking at me. I could tell he had no ill intention. "I completely understand, no worries. Of course I'm okay waiting here." Eddie nodded and grinned. He beckoned Rich and Bill to follow him inside his house. Rich lied his bike down and followed them. I set mine down as well and sat in between Rich and I's bikes.

Eddie's Perspective:

I dunno what it is, but I felt kind of weird when I met Y/N. Not in a bad way, but in a warm way. I don't know how to explain it, but I just push the feeling aside. "Take everything but the delicious deals guys, my mom loves em. Hey, first you said the barrens, and now your sayin' the sewer? I mean . . ." I lowered the volume of my voice so that my mom wouldn't hear, "what if we get caught?" I can feel the fear crawling it's way around in my stomach. "We won't Eds. The sewers are puh-public works. And we're the public, aren't we?" I sigh, then turn around to see the new kid, Richie, open another cupboard. The one with all my medications . . . "Hey Eddie, these your birth control pills?" He chuckles lightly to himself.

"Yeah, and I'm saving them for your sister." I say sarcastically, "this is private stuff!" I close the door to the cupboard. Then I realize what I just said to Richie. I look at him, and he kinda grows a bit angry. "Okay, joking about me is one thing, but NEVER bring my sister into it, okay?" He said in the most serious tone I've heard him speak in since I've met him. Not gonna lie, kinda scary. I already felt guilty for making the joke, now I feel even worse.

"Sorry, I won't make a joke like that ever again." I confirm to Richie.

"We are just lucky she wasn't in here when you said that . . ." He mumbled, but clear enough that I understood. I look to him, he is looking down and to the side. Perplexed, I speak, "If you don't mind me asking, what would have happened?" He looks to me, a bit sad. "Nothing good. The reason why? Well, it's a personal story, one that she should be the one to tell. However, it's a sensitive subject for her, so I would just wait for her to bring it up if I were you." I nod, the feeling of guilt growing in my stomach.

We begin to make our way back outside, where Y/N is. I followed behind the other two, grabbing my medication from table with our home phone and a table light on it. I shove the bottle of pills in my fanny pack, and quickly zip it up. "Eddie bear," my mom calls. I turn and face her. The other two stop as well. "Where are you boys off to in such a rush?" I look over to Bill, afraid that I might say something that I shouldn't and screw up our plans. "Um-m j-juh-Just muh-my uh, my backyard, M-Mrs. K. I got a new . . a-ah . . ."

"A new croquet set." Richie helped Bill in this lie, he said it so innocently as well. "Jeez, spit it out Buh-Buh-Bill." Richie chuckled, joking around with Bill. "Okay" my mom replied, I felt a sense of relief. "Oh and sweetie," I turned my head back to my mom. "Don't go rolling around on the grass, especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get."

"Yes mom." I replied as we began to walk out of the door once more, than were stopped by my mom once again. "Aren't you forgetting something?" I sighed, slowly walking over to her. I could hear Richie trying so hard not to burst into laughter. I kissed my mom on the cheek and quickly made my way back to the two. I got to the both of them. "Do you want one from me too, Mrs. K?" Richie asked. I started shoving them out the door, repeating the words "come on", my mom rolling her eyes at Richie's remark. "Sorry mommy!"

We got outside and I closed the door. "Dude, what was that?" I questioned Richie. He was just dying of laughter. He was laughing so hard he fell to the ground and started rolling from side to side. "Oh no, what did he do?" Y/N got up and walked over to us. I felt the guilt I had temporarily forgotten about build up again. "I'm sorry-" I blurted out loud. She looked at me, perplexed from the sudden outburst. "For?" Her head tilted to the side a bit. 'Oh shit.'

Y/N's Perspective:

The way he said "I'm sorry" . . . It brought me back to that instant for one moment. Then back out again. I shook it off, hoping it wasn't noticable. I tilted my head. "For?" He stood there and stared for a good few seconds, like a deer in headlights.

"Foooorrr lllleaving you out here by yourself. You okay?" He nervously chuckled. "Yeah, I'm alright." He nodded, "Good."

Richie finally calmed down from his laughing frenzy and stood up. "Alright, we headin' to the sewers orr?" He began. Bill nodded. We grabbed our bikes and followed Bill. Before we made it too far though, we stopped by yet another house. A kid with curly, dirty blonde hair came out.

Bill introduced us yet again, and the kid introduced himself as well. "Hello, I am Stanley, but people call me Stan." He extended his hand to Richie, then to I. "It's nice to meet you Stan." Then before Richie could say anything else stupid, I put my hand over his mouth. He then licked my hand and I pulled it away, disgusted, then wiped it on his shirt. "That was disgusting Rich."

"I have some sanatizing wipes Y/N. Here, take one." Eddie gave me one of his sanatizing wipes, and I used it to wipe my hand, then shoved it in my pocket. "Thank you, Eddie." He nodded to me. Then we began our way, hopefully without any other stops, to the sewers.