C Ranked Mission

A couple of months have passed since the graduation exams. They would either train or go on D ranked missions. It wasn't too appealing for the growing genins, but they didn't complain. Well, Naruto did most of the time, but he got used to the easy missions and stopped taking.

Over the past couple of months, Sakura has also gotten more used to the idea that Sasuke likes Naruto.

Even though she was quite upset at first, she knew she couldn't force the raven to like her. She has became better friends with Ino and has even started to get weirdly nervous around her. She doesn't know why this is, but she thinks it's just the sudden change from enemies to friends.

Team seven was currently on their way to the hokage tower for a new mission which Naruto was ecstatic about.

"Come on, guys! Hurry up!" Naruto exclaimed as he ran in front of Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke. Naruto looked at all of the stores along the side of the street as if he hasn't seen them 100 times already. Sasuke smiled to himself as he watched the blonde dart around while Kakashi read his Icha Icha Paradise book.

Soon enough, Naruto rounded a corner and was out of sight of the three. Sakura thought that this was a good time to confront Sasuke about his feelings for the blonde. She knew she was right, but wanted to hear the raven admit it.

"Can I talk to you for a minute, Sasuke?" Sakura asked the raven as she stopped walking. Sasuke nodded and waited for Kakashi to get in front of the two before they continued to walk.

"What do you want?" Sasuke asked coldly as he put his hands into his pockets.

"Do you like him?" Sakura asked bluntly as she walked up next to him. Sasuke turned his head to face her and raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Naruto, dumbass," Sakura continued. Sasuke's eyes widened as he started at her. 'How did she know?' Sasuke thought in shock.

"Tsk. No way," Sasuke responded and rolled his eyes. He was obviously lying, but tried to play it off as if he wasn't. He didn't want to admit his does like him and loose his pride. Sakura sighed.

"It's obvious Sasuke. You don't have to lie," Sakura said and crossed her arms.

"So what if I do?" Sasuke asked coldly with a blush on his face.

"Well, I want to help you. You see, I think you two would look ADORABLE together, so I want to help you get with the idiot," Sakura instructed with a smirk.

"How?..." Sasuke asked curiously.

"You'll see. Thanks for admitting it!" Sakura yelled as she ran up next to Kakashi who was quite some ways in front of the two. Sasuke got angry and ran up to her.

"Sakura!" Sasuke yelled chasing after her. He stopped when he noticed a blonde figure running towards him.

"Hey guys! What's taking so long!? You walk like Jiji," Naruto complained as he ran up to the three. Sasuke noticed a scratch on Naruto's face and walked up to him in worry.

"What happened?" Sasuke asked as he placed a hand on Naruto's cheek and rubbed his thumb along the scratch. Sakura smirked to herself and Kakashi just continued reading his book. Naruto got flustered by the raven's actions and fumbled over his words as he fiddled with his fingers.

"I... um I f-fell," Naruto stuttered embarrassedly. Sasuke took his hand off of the blond's cheek and nodded.

"Be more carful," Sasuke instructed and continued walking. Naruto, who was still a blushing mess, followed shortly after to be next to his friend.

Sooner then later, the four arrived at the hokage tower.

"Morning, Jiji," Naruto greeted as he walking into the hokage's office with no warning.

"Hello Naruto. I have a new mission for you. It is a D ranked and you are going to fi-" the hokage was cut off by the annoying voice of a self centered blonde.

"No way, Jiji," Naruto interrupted and put his hands up in an X formation.

"What's the matter now, Naruto?" The hokage asked in a sarcastic voice.

"Give us a different mission! A higher ranked mission! D ranked are too easy and were not getting better with them!" Naruto explained. The hokage sighed as he sat back down in his chair.

"Fine. You want a harder mission, I'll give you a harder mission. You will have to complete a C ranked mission and escort a man to the Land of the Waves," the hokage said and gestures towards the door. The four turned around to see a man with brown and grey hair, a beard, and a can of beer in his hand as he was slouching.

"This is who we are protecting?" Naruto asked in an unsatisfied voice as he turned around to look back at the hokage.

"You really think some blond, short brat can keep me safe?" Tazuna asked with a snort.

"Haha! Who's the short one?" Naruto asked turning back around onto Tazuna. Sasuke and Sakura took a step closer to the blonde to show him the height difference. The line up went like this, Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto.

"I'm going to demolish you!" Naruto yelled when he found out Tazuna was referring to him. Sasuke held him by the back by his bright orange jumper to stop him from harming Tazuna.

"That's not how it works, Naruto. You can't kill someone your supposed to protect," Kakashi explained. Naruto rolled his eyes and stopped struggling out of Sasuke's grip as he sighed.

"Whatever," Naruto mumbled.

"Now, go pack your things team 7. I expect you to be out of Konoha by sunset," the hokage said as Kakashi nodded.

"Do what you want for now, but make sure you're packed and ready to meet by the front gate in two hours," Kakashi instructed and POOFED away. Tazuna rolled his eyes at the remaining genin of team seven and walked out.

"Well that was..." Sasuke started.

"Pleasant," Sakura finished in a monotoned voice. Naruto laughed at her sarcasm and placed his hand on his stomach.

"I'm getting kind of hungry. Anybody wanna get some ramen?" Naruto offered to his teammates.

"I'll go. I have nothing better to do anyways," Sasuke responded quickly.

"I'll come as well," Sakura added. All though she didn't want to interrupt their time together, she also wanted to ask Sasuke about Naruto more.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?! Come on!" Naruto exclaimed as he ran out the doors of the hokage's office. Sasuke called out to him to wait for the rest, but was unsuccessful. The raven sighed and started walking to catch up with Naruto.

Sakura smiled at the two and thought, 'maybe I liked Sasuke, but those two would look ADORABLE together. Sasuke just has to grow some balls and tell the blonde.'