The Man

Recently I learned more stuff!! I learned what favors were, and I learned that Halio definitely liked asking for them.
He always asked me for small favors and paid me back with treats or compliments. I didn't mind, it was easy so why wouldn't I? Halio deserves everything after saving me anyways.
I sat alone in my room, the guest room, playing with a puzzle and wondering how the hell people do this for fun. I heard rushing footsteps coming up to my door and Halio swung it open, mildly worried looking.
“Hey!! Mind doing me a favor?” He said, concealing his worry with a smile.
“Yeah sure. What's wrong?” I ask, but he ignores the question.
“Great!! All I need you to do is tell this very kind man that you're my roommate.” He added after seeing my look of confusion. “He doesn't believe me and he's visiting. And besides, you technically are, but he can't know you fell to earth.”
“What?? I thought I only had to tell the police that!” I stood up. This was one of the first times I was upset with him, which is fair, Halio rarely did any harm.
As soon as I spoke with anger, a shot of fury flicked across his face. It was fucking scary.
“Don't speak to me like that.” He spat, his eyes narrowing.
I immediately felt guilty, but that question was still burning.
“I'm sorry, but why do I have to tell him that lie?” I glanced down at the ground, I didn't like to make eye contact when he was disappointed or angry.
“So he doesn't go to the police and get you taken away from me.” He said sharply. “And we already know that you don't wanna be taken away from me, right? You don't wanna be alone with those bad people.”
“No.. I wanna stay here.” I mumbled quietly as he nods.
“Exactly. So say you're my roommate, because you are!”

When the man showed up to Halio's house, he seemed quite rude and distant. He didn't like to say anything nice but he definitely asked a lot of questions. His name was Lou and he was dressed quite… strangely, to say the least. He wore a similar black and white outfit that Halio was wearing when I first met him. I learned it was called a “suit” which is dumb, suit is already a word, why change it?!
“So Mireo, where are you from??” He asked sharply, flicking his dark brown hair out of his eyes.
“oh he's from Fance!” Halio interrupted and answered for me.
“I was asking Mireo, not you Halio.” Lou spat. “So where are you from, Mireo.”
Uhm
Not the sky.
Definitely.
“the sk…Fr…France.” I stammered a bit. And stumbled over my words, warning a glare from Halio's direction.
Loud glossed over my stutters and continued questioning me, as he sat comfortably on the couch across from my chair.
“Full name?”
“I don't have one.” I answered before Halio could interfere again, which… apparently was a bad choice.
“Yes he does!! Hahaha-” Halio laughed through gritted teeth, glaring again at me. “Aw dang what was your last name? It was like Fleur, right?”
“n-” I began to decline, but the fury in Halio's eyes made me switch answers. “Yup! Fleur Mir-”
“Mireo Fleur!” He cut me off again.
Meanwhile Lou was just watching us internally freak the fuck out. He seemed unimpressed.
“Alright… and you're Halio's roommate?”
“Yes!” I answered quickly. Maybe a little too quick?
Lou was beginning to look very suspicious, he stood up with his eyes narrowed.
“Halio. May I talk with you in private?” He asked, his voice low and serious.
Before Halio could object, Lou took him by the arm and pulled him into a separate room. I tried to follow but Lou shoved me out quite harshly.
I stumbled back and recovered to press my ear against the closed door, almost holding my breath to hear what they were saying.

“Halio, I swear to God. I didn't pay for you to live for you to bring in some pale freak who doesn't know his own name.”