2.)White out

It's been two weeks since the semester started and I still haven't made any new friends in my 5th period. Every English class since freshman year had always been friendless. Why? I don't know but that's just how my luck is I guess.

Then again last year's English class was hell. I met my ex last year in English and let's just say life sucked. He cheated a lot but for some reason it didn't stop me from wanting him. Now here I am still thinking about him and how I wish he would've just been better.

The calls from him never stop yet it's always 'I can't right now' or 'I'm sorry she didn't mean anything to me'. I think I just have shitty luck my first real thing and he definitely made it memorable. And I still love him, every time I try and move on he comes back.

It's like he doesn't want to be with me but he can't see me with anyone else. But all I want is him even after talking to someone for weeks which ended yesterday I still wanted him.

The bell ringing pulled me out of my thoughts, grabbing my notes I put them in my backpack and I got up from my seat and started heading towards the hallway. Seeing Luna meeting me halfway, we started walking towards our 6th period.

"It's white out tonight so what you're wearing is perfect. Oh and so is what K.C. is wearing, omg its fate!!" Luna rambled as we made it into our chemistry class passing our teacher Mr. Z, I smiled. Turning over too Luna I gave her a confused look.

"What the fuck are you talking about now?!"

"The game B. The football game tonight, its theme is whiteout." She explained with a blank stare.

"It's not fate if you told us to wear white today."

I gave her a pointed look realizing she had this planned out for awhile. Giving me an innocent smile she responds.

"I know" and took her seat in the back. Walking over to K.C., I sighed over dramatically as she turned to face me.

"What now?" She said as she analyzed me with suspicion.

"Oh nothing, just crazy Luna and her plans for tonight" she smiled as she shook her head. Pulling out her notebook she responds.

"Well that's Luna for you."

"Oh yes, it is."

Hearing the bell ring, class started.

After an hour of fucking chemistry, which can I just add is so unnecessarily hard. It makes me wanna pull out my hair and the only thing stopping me is K.C. and her lack of amusement to everything.

You would think having someone to keep me busy would stop me from going on my phone but it really doesn't. Mr. Z also realized since he took my phone away today for the 2nd time this week.

Finally after hearing the final bell of the day ring, all three of us walked out heading to the front doors.

"So, what's the plan tonight?" I asked Luna as she continued to aggressively text whoever it was she was texting.

Pulling her face away from her phone she responds, "Alright the game starts at 7. So we're are going to be there by 6:30, ima take a shower and then do my makeup, then we can go."

I've known Luna since freshman when our old friend group used to hangout at nutrition at the same tree all year. We weren't very close until sophomore year when we got sat next to each other in Spanish and connected over our ex's. From then we go pretty close and even went to a concert this summer. Then I introduced her to K.C. And we all became a trio.

Sometimes I regret it because I feel like I get picked on the most like I wish I could have K.C. to myself and Luna still as my close friend. But then the memories we have made this summer have definitely been memorable. From jumping fully clothed into a pool at a birthday party for a boy a didn't even know. To lying to our parents about going to party at 12 in the morning at a school we don't go too. Definitely been a lot of boys this summer because of Luna but there memories I never want to forget.

"So blowjob this time or you gonna let him do it to you this time?" K.C. Asked innocently as I giggled from Luna's reaction. Whacking the both of us over our heads, she dryly laughed and said, "haha so funny, also probably both."

Still looking at us unsure after what she just said. We all looked at each other and start laughing to the point where I clenched my stomach when it started to hurt. We found luna's mom's white Camaro parked. Opening the door to the car I smiled at her mom.

"Hi, how are you? We missed you!!!" I said excitedly as I got in the car. Lunas mom responded with pure joy on her face.

"Hola Blanca e y K.C., I missed you girls too, Im good mija." Her Spanglish is always my favorite to hear, her accent and raspy voice is imprinted in my head forever it always brings a smile to my face.

"Good, good. You heard about Luna's boy toy." I said wiggling my eyebrows towards Luna in a teasing away. Shooing me away with her hand, we all giggled at her reaction.

"Sí, lo hice. su tipo es siempre el mismo ella siempre va por los negritos." She said her hands dramatically slamming down to her lap as she sighed. Luna rolled her eyes,

"Mom stop being a racist it's 2023 get with the times woman." Still laughing in the back with K.C., her mom looked back at me as we stopped at a red light.

"Mija, be honest. Tus padres sienten lo mismo?"

"You already know how my mom feels she wants me to find a blue eyed white boy." I said shaking my head in disapproval already hearing my mom's words in my head.

"Aye y por eso tu mamá siempre tiene la razón." She said agreeing with my mom's opinion. Sighing in disapproval, I responded.

"No no white boys don't like Latinas and that's a good thing. I prefer my Latinos anyways." She chuckled at my response.

"You are your mother's daughter." She stated knowing damn well that was true. You would have never guessed with the way my Colombian mother ended up with my Guatemalan father, even though she still doesn't agree on anything with him. She's always right.

Laughing in response, the car had stopped and we were right in front of Luna's house. Jumping out of the car we made our way into the house. Heading straight towards her room we began the heavy process of getting ready.