Chapter 28

Feels- Kehlani
Zaliah pov
❁❁❁
I couldn't sleep anymore. Sleep was completely ruined for me. So what's better than sleeping? Eating. Sitting on the kitchen counter I dug into one of Marcelo's fat free ice cream. Disgusting, who eats fat free ice cream?

Picking up my finger lingering on a message typed out for my father. Which says,  'Hey.. I know you're probably mad. But could you guys come over for dinner? We have to talk '' Putting a scoop of chocolate cheesecake ice cream in my mouth. I let out a sigh before pressing send.  I have to tell them about  Raven explain everything.

Placing my phone on the counter I stared at the clock. Four in the morning. I should be sleeping right now. My eyes fell to my thighs. There were slight burns on them. Other than that they looked the same or the bruises were healing.

After everything the hatred for my body only grew. Now there's bruises and burns all over me. So what else do I have left? If I don't have my body to offer anymore what else do I have? That's the only thing I'm good for.

"What the hell are you doing up?" Marcelo came out of the room, He ran his hand through his bed hair. Oh. "Can't sleep," I shrugged before eating a spoonful.

"That's what your sleep medication is for" He approached me. Before I could realize his eyes darted to my burned thighs. "Shit tesoro" Frowning I set down my ice cream. I don't like him looking at them. "Stop staring, it's rude" I tried to bring the attention away from them. But Marcelo's head stayed dipped down looking at my thighs.

His hands gripped the counter beside me, his knuckles paling. "This is what he did to you?" His voice was soft and so were his eyes as he looked up. Pursing my lips I managed eye contact as I nodded. "I mean it's not that bad. It could be worse" I tried to make light of the situation.

Nothing was helping. At this moment I wanted to dissolve. "This is really uncomfortable..."I mumbled as his hand reached out cupping my cheek. I found myself wanting to relax. "I promise to always protect you" His voice held certainty, promise.

Protect me? Sadly that's new. I can't quite trust Marcelo. There's a part of me that wants to. I really want to trust him, to believe him and this will all be real. Like a fairytale.

But this isn't a book, It's real life.

"I want to believe you" I gave him a sad smile as I watched his face register what I'm saying. "But I can't trust you Marcelo" His thumb swiped over my cheek before he removed his hand. "It's okay Tesoro. Trust is earned. Go get some sleep. I'm going to the gym" He patted my leg before walking away.

Why do I feel like my nose grew ten inches?

Do I trust him?

*
"He responded!" I yelled as I ran into the living room where Daisy and Syliva sat. Supposedly Lottie had something to do. "What did he say?" Rocky sat at the end of daisy feet snuggled up in the middle of them.

I unlocked my phone reading off my father's message.

Father: Send location and time.

"Their coming" I let out a breath of relief. I can talk to them before the Russians get to them first and fuck everything up. I also wanted a chance to make things right. The girls left soon after to break the news to Marcelo, to make him cook after he acts like a big baby, then set up.

Skimming through my clothes I took out a long sleeve gray fitted dress that fell to the floor. Grabbing my sweater I threw it on top of my dress. This was my only  'Sexy' thing I had that didn't show off my bruises and burns. It's still important to me to look somewhat sexy. I mean it's the only thing I have.