Chapter 45

I Stay In Love- Mariah Carey
Zaliah pov
❁❁❁

"Remember you invited me for dinner as soon as I got back." Damn. I think I did do that. It's pretty obvious I'm not going to cook.

"Hey let's go to that burger place you like, I think Marcelo is working late" as I mentioned Marcelo I looked down at my watch. He should've gotten home before me. I'm worried. Last time he showed up late he ended up not showing up at all. I just want him to be safe.

I hope he'll send a text to let me know he's going to be home a little later. Especially after the kidnapping. I also understand that's more work for him. He downplayed all of it to make me not worry but it only heightens my worry.

"Yeah that's fine, let's go take your sexy ride I heard about." letting out a laugh, we hooked arms as we made our way to the elevator. " How did you know about that?" I asked as I clicked the elevator button.

" Daisy has been keeping me in the loop" my nose scrunched up in surprise. He's been talking to Daisy? Nico looked over my way. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him pause.

"What the fuck is that?" I flinched back as he moved my braids behind my ear, showcasing my scar.

I thought my makeup covered at least most of it. Obviously since it's a scar I can't cover all of it. "Nico-"

"Did he hurt you?!" His finger gazed over the scar as I smacked his hand away from me. "What!?" I raised my voice at the accusation.

He would never hurt me, at least I'm sure physically. That's a funny thing to think, seeing Marcelo shoot me before...

"Did Marcelo hurt you!" The elevator doors opened. As if this couldn't get worse. Marcelo was standing there, unbothered. His hands were stuffed in his pocket. It was obvious he heard him by the way his jaw was clenched.

"No, that's a stupid accusation . Can we just go?"

"Where are we going Tesoro?" We?? Right now is not the time for him to be possessive.

The moment Nico stepped out the elevator I knew all hell was going to break loose. He has my temper..

Although he's upset for nothing.

"Did you put your hands on my fucking sister?!" Marcelo's face stayed neutral as he reached up, taking his shades off.

"Nico jus-" it was too late. His left arm hooked back punching the shit out of Marcelo. Marcelo head whipped to the side as he grabbed his jaw. For a second he paused before he retaliated by reflex. Yet it was even worse.

Nico doubled back at the impact. At that moment I placed myself in between them. Nico's face was red as he touched his split lip.

For a moment Nico looked at me, his eyes were watery yet they held nothing. His hand went to balance himself as he pushed off the wall storming away.

"Why the fuck would you hit him!" I called after Nico as I followed him out. Stopping within distance of Marcelo. Turning around I looked at him. He was still watching me.

"I'm so sorry-" I started.

"I understand." He nodded his head in the direction that Nico shot off into. Attempting to give him a smile I turned around and followed Nico out.

Right now there's something wrong with my brother. Pushing open the doors I followed him out to his car. "Nico! I know you hear me!"

"Just leave me alone!" He yelled.

Okay what's really his issue?

Fastening my pace I was able to catch up with Marcelo. Grabbing his arm, he turned around. Tears gathered in his eyes.