Body issues

"You okay?" Jungkook flinched at the voice beside him. He turned to look at his coworker and nodded "you sure?" He raised a brow "You've been quiet all day, and you look like shit"

"thanks Jimin" he said flatly "you look beautiful too"

"aw shucks" he beamed "no really though, talk to me?"

Shownu didn't like Jimin, and Jungkook tried (honestly tried) not to befriend him, but Jimin wouldn't let that fly. He clung to Jungkook, especially at work. Jungkook was still feeling raw from his argument the night before, and the revelation Shownu dropped on him.

"Well.." he sighed and told him everything. He didn't mean to. He only wanted to tell him about the strip club, about Jay and Shownu thinking he's in love with someone who isn't Jungkook. Jay, who's better than Jungkook in every way. But once he started, he couldn't stop. He told him everything and cried hard all over again.

"That's abuse Jungkook" he wiped a tear from his eye "that's.. you need to leave"

"It's not, Jimin. I'm not abused"

"You are, though. You need to run as far from him as possible"

"I can't. We're engaged, we're in love and getting married. He loves me, Jimin. He said it himself, he could have anyone and he chose me!"

"He's fucking abusing you Jungkook! Jesus, don't you see that?"

"I don't need this" he stood up and grabbed his bag "I'm going home"

"Jungkook, wait" he grabbed his wrist, Jungkook looked down at Jimin's tear streaked face and felt like a piece of shit "I'm sorry. Okay? Don't leave, but, if he said he's in love with someone else, is that not enough of a reason to leave?"

"I don't- I don't know" his eyes watered

Jungkook walked into the apartment and sighed as he hung up his bag, he walked out to the kitchen and didn't waste any time before he started cooking dinner for the two of them. He knew if Shownu came home and dinner wasn't done, there would be another argument.

He chopped the vegetables to add to the broth as he replayed Jimin's words in his head. They sounded like a broken record over, and over.

'Is that not enough of a reason to leave?'

Was it?

Is it?

Should it be?

Where would he go? What would he do? He wasn't abused, but he was isolated. He realized that suddenly as he stared down at the vegetables, he was alone.

He only had Shownu.

Was that abuse?

He picked up his phone to Google it but stopped himself. If he deleted his history, Shownu would be pissed and he didn't want to give him another reason to run to Jay. He put his phone down and sighed as his eyes watered. He didn't know. He didn't know what to do, how to feel, what to think. He felt lost suddenly.

He couldn't call or text anyone, and he definitely wasn't going to bring it up to Shownu once he got home so he just had to stuff it down and carry on with cooking dinner like it was a normal Monday.

Like his heart wasn't breaking in his chest.

He had just finished the soup when Shownu came home "I'm home"

"Hey" Jungkook beamed, he couldn't let it show how uncomfortable he suddenly felt in his presence "how was work my love?"

"Fine" he sighed "food done?"