3- smoker

3rd person:

The group of 4 somehow manage to get a full doc of what they'll need for the project. It was the last of the   year and it needed to be focused on.

"I'll be back in a sec." Spoon said, no one seemed to hear or care. No response was mustered. Mickey was on his stomach, lying on Emas bed. Rachel was sprawled out on the floor. Ema was on her desk chair, finishing homework.

Spoons POV:

I left the house, staying the back yard. I know I shouldn't smoke, but it's nearly impossible to stop when started. Nearly my entire family smokes, some of my friends too. It was inevitable that I would too.

Mickey jokingly flirting with me after I complimented his laugh was fine, but the way he turned over when he heard the girls rubbed me the wrong way.

What if he was ashamed of me? I don't know how I could've thought that he liked me. I took a puff of my cigarette, the sparks burning my cuticles.

I sat on the cement steps that went down from Ema's back door. Birds flew around to different trees. I looked at them to keep my mind off Mickey, but he kept creeping back.

It's not like we're together, but it bothers me like crazy.

my phone dinged wildly.

Mickey Bear 🧸🤎: where r youuuu ☹️
*image attached

Me: backyard
*image attached

Mickey Bear 🧸🤎: im coming out there

—-

I braced myself to face Mickey. I just wanted to make some sort of move on him. A halloween dance was coming up soon at school and I wanted to confess to him before that.

I wanted to take him to the dance, no one else.

The sliding door opened. Mickeys dark skinned legs met with my pale ones as he sat down.

"You seemed off before you left." He said to me, leaning closer as he shivered. It was autumn and his dumbass brought nothing warm.

"Oh it was nothing, just needed some air. We've been working all day." I said, a pretty good excuse. I took another drag of my cigarette.

"Want a puff?" I asked Mick, as if it were a blunt.

"I mean— I guess?" He said confused. "I don't know how though."

"You'll be alright, just breathe it in a bit I guess. I don't know how to explain it." I said, handing it over. Mickey brought it to his lips and inhaled deep, automatically coughing.

"Oh HELL no! I could never be a smoker." He got out in between wild coughs. I laughed, taking another drag.

I moved my head and kissed the top of his. "Oh you're too cute, Mickey bear. But also really embarrassing." I shook my head.

"Says you." He said annoyed. Mickey crosses his arms, looking up at me. Yet, he has a small smirk on his face.

We sat in silence for a small moment. Mickey played some music as I finished my cigarette. He sung and danced around.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, shaking my head.

"I'm practicing for the dance." Mickey said innocently. I grinned at him.

"You takin' anyone to the dance?" I asked him.

"Well.." He started. My heart sunk for a second. "I haven't asked anyone yet, but I do have someone in mind."

My heart lifted again. "Do I know them?"

"maybeee." Mickey says, dragging out the word. I don't know many people. Maybe I have a chance at being his date to the dance.

Have to stay optimistic

.....

"Want to practice slow-dancing?" Mickey asks.