Chapter 3

You exited the military gate and flew back into the sky, this time crossing your arms as your thoughts come racing in your mind. Your face slowly tensing. There are so many questions and decisions you have to make, and none of them are easy. You can feel the load slowly burden your shoulders as each problem came down upon you.

The extermination.. Emily's mission.. commiting one of them meaning you'll betray the other side.

And of course you wouldn't betray Emily.. but going against the exorcists will also cause you more trouble..

However, if by means you agreed to join the extermination.. slaughtering more souls.. going on another killing spree--

"No.. what am I saying? No, Y/n, you're not that same murderer anymore.."

You told that to yourself, as you looked at your palm, one that is soft and clean. You couldn't imagine it becomes bloody again, just like the day back in the extermination. The scene has been going around your head like a camera roll, as you remember every single sinner you have eliminated. You tried so hard to forget about it. You've dealed with the same trauma over and over, so it doesn't have to exclude this one too.

.
.

"Y-Y/n? Y/n, is that really you? You're an angel!? My daughter is actually an angel..?"

.
.

"Yes, yes I am, mother."

You sighed as your wings flapped again, before landing down back onto the city. You closed your palm as you placed away your hands on your sides.

.
.

"I'm sorry.. I've disappointed my family.."

Your eyes narrowed as the memory flashed into the time you once met one of your family, your one and only dear mother. Though, she didn't see you as her dear daughter. Why is that? Because she was trembling.

...

"Why was mother trembling? She shouldn't be scared of me, I'm her daughter."

"She had never been scared of me, because I'm her daughter."

"She would've always come and hit me, scared me, since I'm her daughter.

...

You memorized each of her actions towards you when you were in front of her...

..Heavy breathing, eyes widened in fear, body trembling. Her head kept shaking as if she refused to face such a wrath... And lastly, the way she kept apologizing, "I'm sorry.."

...

"I'm so sorry."

.
.
.

Her screaming was ringing in your head, yet it didn't startle you. She watched your eyes reflected herself, until her voice faded away, and she wasn't trembling anymore.