Chapter 4

You arrived back at the higher-ups headquarters, it was too early in the morning, most angels are still sleeping. You know Emily has been waiting for you to see you off, but you two still need to be cautious, otherwise you'll get caught for going to hell without any valid reasons.

Regardless, it's still unfortunate you couldn't stay at Mrs. Arthur's for too long like you wanted to. But she completely understands that you're a busy person. She's aware of your ranking and responsibilities, so she let you leave early.

Your wings quickly flapped as you landed straight into the youngest Seraphim's room by the window. And just as you were right, she was already wide awake when she saw you.

"Yes! You're here!" Emily hurriedly walk to you. You just casually took her hands before leading her to the window again.

"Shh, a bit down, my lady." You placed a finger over your lips to signal her to be quiet. You could sense a few guards just guarding outside her room. The white hair just mouthed 'oops' before nodding her head.

And just like that, the both of you flew together until you reached the outside of heaven's gate. Just as you glad, no one's here. Both of you landed on the path safely.

"Hm, okay.. so I just have to jump off from that edge and I'll fall straight to hell.." You triple checked yourself as you see a portal below you. You just decided to walk forward to take a closer look, but a hand caught your wrist.

"Hm?" You turned your head to look at Emily. "Y/n..." She muttered out your name.

You just answered her, "Yes, Em?" But she didn't say anything after that.

"Huh?"

Emily suddenly avoids your eye contact, lowering her head a little, as she was placing off her words carefully. She gathered her courage finally.

"Y/n, I know you are strong. Like seriously, too strong that you could probably cause a cataclysm on entire district- ha.. but you know..-" She started spewing words too fast, you almost didn't get it. But alas, you just laughed.

"Emmy, I'm just going on a small mission, not a war." You cut her off, thinking it would make her feel much better. But when you noticed she got quiet again, you thought you made it worse instead.

However, Emily just smiled and glanced at you. You two finally intertwined your hands for one last time. "Charlie is very reliable, you can definitely trust her. I believe in you." You nodded your head at her words, before you two hugged onto each other.

"Love you, Em." You whispered into her ear, and you felt her arms squeezing you tighter. "I love you more, N/n." She said before you two decided to part.

" I'll entrust with this mission." She spoke a bit formally this time, as her eyes shined with hope for you.

You decided not to take her seriously, as you honestly hate it when she's acting formal with you alone.

"I'll do the worst." You winked at her, and she just rolled her eyes, but she gets your joke as she smiled later.