Chapter 12: Passionate Confessions

I groaned slightly as the sunlight slipped onto my face, bringing me out of a disturbed sleep and causing me to stretch out some of my muscles. My eyes flickered open and adjusted to the light, before scanning the room around me. I sat up immediately and whipped my head around the room, realising I wasn't in my own room, and was instead in a much larger, fancier room, that somewhat resembled Zoya's.

Memories from last night flooded through my mind, as I thought back to the argument I'd overheard between my friends, and the comfort the General had provided me with. I had explained everything to him, and allowed myself to break down a little before he had guided me to this room, saying I could stay here for the night and I had collapsed out of exhaustion.

The curtains had been pulled closed, but light still managed to slip through the cracks, filling the room with a gentle light. I shuffled back so I was leaning against the headboard and took a couple deep breaths to try and control my heartbeat. I slipped out of the bed and over to the window, pulling open the curtains a little to see the grounds of the little palace around me, illuminated by the morning sun. I sighed softly and perched on the windowsill, just as I always did in the General's office, before trying to relax as much as I could.

A loud knock reverberating through the room broke me from my thoughts of my two friends as I stood up and wandered over, pulling the door open a fraction. I sighed a breath of relief when I realised it was only Dmitri, so I pulled the door open and allowed him into the room, a maid following after him, scurrying in and placing a tray of food on the small table across the room before rushing out again.

"The General asked me to bring you some food this morning. He thought you'd prefer to eat alone." Dmitri said with a smile as he closed the door behind the maid, making me smile softly. "Well then, thank the General for me, he was right." I said softly, moving over and pouring myself a glass of water and sipping on it gently.

"Are you... feeling better?" Dmitri asked, sounding a little hesitant, and I just shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly, I don't really know how to feel at the moment." I muttered, falling into one of the squishy armchairs in here and picking at some of the food on the platter in front of me. "Well, the general can arrange for your schedule to be cleared." The guard said, and as much as I hated cancelling my shifts, I knew I just needed a few days to regroup from last night.

"That would be great, thank you Dmitri." I said softly, and the oprichnik nodded in understanding before turning and walking out of my room, closing the door behind him with a gentle click as I sat back in my chair. I ate some of the food which had been brought over, before moving across the room and standing in front of the desk in here. There were a couple unfamiliar books sitting on there, making me smile gently as I picked up the top one, knowing they were from the general. I walked back over to my bed and snuggled down, opening the book to the first page.

🔥❤️🖤❤️🔥

The door to the corporalki training rooms creaked as I opened it, and I slipped inside silently, glancing around to see there weren't many people in here. A couple healers were sitting in the sofa area, chatting amongst themselves, while a few heartrenders were practising on the dummies we had in here. I wandered through all the people before coming to one of the spare rooms, pushing the door open and smiling as I caught sight of Ivan and Feydor sparring with each other.

I allowed the door to close behind me, and watched the two fighting as I sat down beside their things, chuckling as Ivan finally managed to pin Fey to the mat. "Nicely done." I complimented as the stern heartrender helped his boyfriend off the floor. The two turned to me and Ivan just looked at me in shock while Fey smiled at me, bounding over and coming to sit beside me.