Chapter 7

It was a quiet night at 11.00pm....

DJ was working in the room but his whole concentration was on ruhi and her thoughts.....

He was deep in concentration, trying to finish up some work that he had brought home from the office....

But try as he might, his thoughts kept drifting back to ruhi only...

It had been three days since she had left to visit her father....and in those three days, they hadn't exchanged a single word....Whenever his siblings called her on video chat, he could hear her voice in the background, but she never spoke directly to him....It was almost as if she was purposely ignoring him....

He couldn't understand why Ruhi was acting this way... maybe they were never that close but she never did like this...now, she seemed to want nothing to do with him....

As he sat there, staring at the blank laptop screen...he couldn't help but wonder what had gone wrong....Had he done something to upset her...Was there something bothering her that she wasn't telling him... He felt a knot of worry tightening in his chest as he realized how much he missed her and how much he longed to hear her voice, to see her smile, to feel her touch....

In a moment of frustration...he slammed his laptop shut and pushed back from his place.....

He needed to clear his head, to get some fresh air and maybe even a change of scenery....He grabbed his jacket and car keys and headed out...

He was driving while thinking....it was like everything was breaking in him....it seemed as if all of that was slipping away.... He couldn't bear the thought of losing her, of losing the one person who meant more to him than anyone else in the world....He vowed to himself that he would do whatever it took to repair their relationship, to make things right between them again....

He thought about all the things he wanted to say to Ruhi, all the apologies he wanted to make, all the questions he wanted to ask....

He realized that he needed to find a way to communicate with her, to break through the wall of silence that she had erected between them....

-------------------------------------------

Ruhi was sitting in her old bedroom... wrapped in a cozy blanket with a book in her hands....She heard her phone ring, and her heart skipped a beat when she saw that it was DJ calling....

She hesitated for a moment, unsure of whether to answer or not....But something in his voice made her pick up the phone....

DJ : Ruhi...please come out... I'm waiting for you outside...

Ruhi's heart pounded in her chest....She had been avoiding him for the past three days, unable to face the pain and disappointment in his eyes....But now, hearing the desperation in his voice, she knew that she couldn't keep running away from their problems....

Ruhi : I...I don't know....I'm not ready to talk yet....

DJ : Ruhi, please...I can't take this anymore....If you don't come out, I'll come inside....And then things will get awkward for everyone....

Ruhi bit her lip, torn between her desire to avoid a confrontation and her love for Digvijay....Finally, she made a decision....

Ruhi : okay I'm coming...

As Ruhi stepped outside...

she saw DJ leaning against his car... his hands shoved deep in his pockets....

She can clearly feel his headache and distress...her heart aches at the sight, and she feels a pang of guilt for causing him so much pain....

She came to him...