Chapter 11

It was Holika Dahan at the Mahajan household, a grand event that everyone looked forward to.

DJ, entered the room to find his wife Ruhi getting ready in a beautiful purple lehenga. He was in off white Kurta

Ruhi : Kaisi lag rahi hu?

she asked, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

DJ : Beautiful.

He replied as he took out a diamond pendant from his pocket.

Ruhi : Yeh kiske liye? Ruhi asked, a smile playing on her lips.

DJ : It's for my ghost, of course it's for you Ruhi," DJ said with a smile as he helped her put it on.

DJ : It's beautiful, DJ. Thank you.

her eyes shining with gratitude. DJ pulled her closer by the waist and whispered,

DJ : Not as beautiful as you.

His intense gaze made her cheeks flush with color. He kissed her forehead slowly. His touch shivered her. He slowly kissed her eyelids then cheeks. She blushed profusely.

He leaned in to kiss her when they heard a voice.

"Sorry, sorry, maine kuch nahi dekha,"

Yuvika stood at the door with her eyes tightly shut.

Ruhi pushed DJ away, her cheeks burning with embarrassment.

DJ rolled his eyes and said,

DJ : Yes, Ms. Mahajan, what can we do for you?"

Yuvika quickly replied,

Yuvika : Sorry for the disturbance, Dada Babu bula rahe hai puja ka waqt ho gaya hai, main chalti hu continue, lekin jaldi aana.

Without waiting for a response, she turned on her heels and ran out of the room, leaving DJ and Ruhi to chuckle at her antics.

Ruhi : we should go....

She was about to go but he pulled her.

Ruhi : DJ kya kar rahe hai sab wait kar rahe honge....

He didn't say anything, she felt her hooks getting tight.

Ruhi : sorry pata nahi kaise...

DJ : it's okay chalo.

She nodded.

As they made their way to the courtyard where the Holika Dahan was set up, they were greeted by the sight of their family and friends gathered around the bonfire.

The air was filled with the aroma of incense and the sounds of laughter and chatter. The Mahajan family had pulled out all the stops to make this year's Holika Dahan a memorable one.

As the priest began the rituals, DJ and Ruhi stood hand in hand, offering their prayers to the gods. The flames of the bonfire danced in the night sky, casting a warm glow on their faces. They took the rounds of holy fire.

The crackling of the wood and the chanting of the mantras created a serene atmosphere, filling everyone's hearts with peace and positivity.

After the puja,

Ruhi was talking with some guests when yuvika came to her.

Yuvika : bhabhi kuch baat karni hai aapse.

Ruhi : thik hai chalo.

They came to her room.

Ruhi : kya hua yuvika?

Yuvika : bhabhi woh...

She looked down....

Ruhi : neil...

She looked at her and she understood.

Ruhi : batao kya baat hai?

Yuvika : bhabhi, neil ne mujhe propose kiya hai.

She smiled.

Ruhi : yeh toh bohot acchi baat hai, I am very happy for you, yuvika tum pyar karti ho neil se?

Yuvika : pata nahi bhabhi main neil ko pasand karti hu par jo hua kartik ke saath woh...

Ruhi : yuvika bhul jao usse, kab tak apne past ko pakad kar baithogi aur apna future bhi kharab karogi, neil bohot accha ladka hai bohot dhyan rakhega tumhara, sochna iss baare mein.

Yuvika : bhabhi maine soch liya hai main usse propose karungi par kaise kahu samajh nahi aa raha.

Ruhi : yuvika simply jaa kar keh do, woh toh tumse already pyar karta hai toh sabse easy hai, accha kal holi hai, kal hi keh dena.

She nodded.

"Yuvika...!!!"

They saw DJ standing there, anger was clearly visible on his face.

They gulped.

He came inside.

Ruhi : DJ...

DJ : kabse chal raha hai yeh...

Yuvika : woh main...

DJ : anyways, tum koi kal propose nahi karogi usse....

Ruhi : DJ aap yeh kya keh rahe hai yuvika pyar karti hai neil se...

DJ : but I said no means no.

Yuvika looked down.

Ruhi : par kyu DJ...dono ek dusre se pyar karte hai...

DJ : ruhi love is not enough....I am sorry shayad abhi tum logo ko main galat lag raha hu.... but jo galti maine kartik ke time ki thi main dubara nahi karunga, yuvika you know tum ab koi simple ladki nahi ho aur naa hi tumhe khud ko samjhna chahiye, yeh humari zindagi ki harsh reality hai ki hum Mahajan's hai....aur zindagi bhar rahenge....tum pura Mahajan Empire sambhal sakti ho, itni capable ho, aur Neil kya karta hai woh... Don't get me wrong, kya uske pass koi job bhi hai, kya woh tumhare saath khade rehne ki capability rakhta hai, iski guarantee hai ki kartik ki tarah woh kabhi tumhari success se jealous nahi hoga....and you know that very well ki dada babu bhi tab tak tumhare relationship ko acceptance nahi denge....so it's final neil have to prove himself ki woh tumhare liye capable hai tab main kuch sochunga usse pehle kuch nahi, AM I CLEAR...???

She nodded controlling her tears.

DJ : words yuvika....

Yuvika : ji bhaiya I promise main kuch nahi karungi....

DJ : better, ruhi...

She nodded....

He left from there....

Ruhi : yuvika I know tum apne liye kisi galat insaan ko choose nahi karogi par DJ bhi galat nahi hai iss maamle mein.

Yuvika : ji bhabhi...!!!

Ruhi : yuvika fight for your love....saccha pyar life mein ek hi baar hota hai.

She nodded and hugged her....!!!!