Chapter 5:A Jedi's Humble Beginnings'

Y/n's Pov *flashback continuing*

My first days of training under Master Shaak Ti was challenging enough. From my first day I was training hard under her using the force but I was struggling in some  areas of the force but what did you expect I was like eight or nine years old at the time. 

"Focus Y/n. Concentrate ." said Shaak Ti. I was standing in a river on a planet in the inner rim trying to catch fish. I watched the fish swim and I tried to grab them but kept getting away.

"There to fast master I just can't catch them." I said getting frustrating letting another one get away.

"Calm your mind my young padawan close your eyes and focus." said Shaak Ti.

"But master it's to hard I never catch them maybe taking me as your apprentice was a mistake." I said 

"Y/n don't talk that way you have potential to be a great jedi you shouldn't give up so quickly now try again but this time focus and calm your mind feel the flow of the river and the fish in it." said Shaak Ti. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and time around me felt slow feeling the web and flow of the river. I still had my eyes closed and raised my hand and placed my hand into the water and quickly pulled it out before I opened my eyes to see I had caught a fish.

"Master look I did it." I said showing her the fish I caught.

"Good job Y/n. Think you catch some more for us to have for dinner?" asked Shaak Ti

"Sure master." I replied repeating what I did before I caught more fish for the both of until we have enough for dinner. My master had made the fire while I cleaned the fish before we started to cook it. It was gonna take awhile for the fish to get  done so I spent the the rest of the time doing some exercises until they were.

"Y/n there done." said Shaak Ti. I walked over to the campsite and sat down and started to eat.

"Be careful it's still hot." said Shaak Ti but it was to late I bit into the fish and nearly burnt my tongue reaching for my jug of water while Shaak Ti laughed.

"Very funny master." I said blowing on the fish to make it cool before taking another bite.

"But it is." said Shaak Ti eating her fish. I just rolled my eyes and continued to eat. The day was going by fast on that planet and before long it was night time. The fire was still buring.

"We should get some sleep." said Shaak Ti.

"Yes master....um master?" I asked rolling out a blanket.

"What is it Y/n?" replied Shaak Ti

"I'm sorry before about what I said about not being a good student." I said laying down on the blanket while I felt Shaak Ti's hand rub my shoulder.

"It's okay little one you still have much to learn just stay close to me and watch how I move." said Shaak Ti.

"Thank you master and goodnight." I said feeling a bit better about myself thanks to my master giving me some words of encouragement. The following months went by and I learned a lot from Shaak Ti until it was time to get my lightsaber. I was on a shuttle with my master  heading to the Ilum to choose my crystals.

 I was on a shuttle with my master  heading to the Ilum to choose my crystals