03

It's been a few hours since Dumbledore assigned Hagrid to find the one who foul's all. Unknown to all, they were just about to meet in the getaway train.

Hagrid feels the magic close as he enters the muggle train station. He connects the dots to a little girl, running from the coppers.

"Oh Merlin! Sorry fellas, she's with me." Hagrid turns to the girl. "Your mother is looking for you on the train."

The coppers had left her to Hagrid as they think she wasn't commenting a crime but just lost.

Katharina looks confused as Hagrid speaks to her. She takes out her notebook.

Who are you?

He reads. "I'm Hagrid and we are going to Hogwarts, well to Dumbledore that I found you."

Hogwarts?? Dumbledore? I didn't do anything. I'm not going.

"You are a wizard, kid. Well a witch. Hogwarts is a school magic and Dumbledore is the Headmaster."

School? I don't need to go to school. I need to get away from London.

"Hogwarts is a safe place. Come on, you can eat on the train. That will leave soon if you don't get a move on it."

Hagrid grabs Katharina's arm to lead her to the train. Katharina looks around for an escape plan but is mesmerized as they walk through the wall. Another train platform but only slightly different.

Birds talk and people shrunk their suitcase to fit on the train or simply carry it. News paper flies around the air and settle on the counter. They make it to the train carriage with Hagrid flopping down on the sit.

Is this magic?

Hagrid nods, "Oh yes, everyone has magic here. Are you hungry? The train has a trolley of snacks. Should be coming around soon."

I have bread to eat. Tell me more about Hogwarts.

"Nonsense. The trolley has crisps and chocolates. Oh Hogwarts, yes. They teach wizards and witches how to master the skills and work to keep them safe."

Do I have to pay for Hogwarts? I have pounds to pay. Thank you for taking me from London.

"We don't use muggle money. We use coins: Galleons, Sickle, and Knut." Hagrid begins to mumble.
"Dumbledore can change the pounds, should we go to Gringotts? No no no. To Dumbledore."

Hagrid?

"No you don't have to pay for anything at Hogwarts. It will be lunch time when we arrive so we will join everyone in the great hall. You don't talk?"

No, an accident when I was younger

Katharina turns to the window seeing the landscape change to the city buildings to the grassy hills and slowly become more remote from the city of London.

"Do you use a wand? Oh kid you need school supplies, but Dumbledore wants you in the castle as soon as possible."

What is a wand?

"A wand helps a wizard or witch perform their magic. Helps the young control their magic. Do you use a wand?"

I don't have a wand. I use my hands.

"What? You use your hands, very skilled and you don't know what magic or Hogwarts is?"

I don't know. I was raised as a muggle, you say.

"Dumbledore can tell you kid. We are almost here. Let's go."

Hagrid and Katharina walk to the carriages that take them to the entrance of Hogwarts. Katharina watches the animal pull the carriage with curiosity while getting lost in the magical forest that sings.

The halls are empty as they make it to the great hall. "Everyone is at lunch. Come on Kid. Dumbledore will be very happy."

They walk through thick doors to have eyes on them from the moment they walk in. Katharina hides in Hagrid's shadow, taking in the many eyes and emotions that follow.

"I found them. Or the kid found me. But they are here." Hagrid cuts off Dumbledore.

"Everyone enjoy lunch." Dumbledore quickly dismisses.

Katharina slows reveals herself as Hagrid turns to look for her. Is this Dumbledore?

"Yes and this is Hogwarts. See lunchtime, I know I'm hungry so excuse me."

I look at Hagrid for answers.

"Hello child, your magic fouls everyone. You shall join us for lunch. I would get the sorting hat but it's in a silly mood for lunchtime today so after you'll be sorted into a house."

I'm not hungry. But what house?

"Sit with me. I'll tell you." Dumbledore walks back to his seat having the elf's bring an extra seat for Katharina.

"What do you know about magic, child?" Dumbledore asks softly as he begins to eat.

I don't know anything. I thought they were powers from the gods as the "muggles" couldn't do what I do. I use my hands to perform my magic.

Dumbledore chokes on his food as he reads her journal. Katharina looks worried and bows her head.

"Child- what is your name? How old are you?" Dumbledore looks shocked. Soon the other professors lift their heads to listen in.

My name is Katharina, Im 15. I turn 16 in 3 weeks.

"Well Katharina, it is rare for a wizard to use their hands for magic. Very difficult, you see."

I nod my head and look around to see some of the students looking up at Dumbledore. While the teachers look at me.

"The houses are Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff. The founders of Hogwarts made the castle and their souls live within the walls. When you are sorted into a house the characteristics of the house are taught to the first years. You are skilled in magic but would have to take a placement test, which is the first." Dumbledore says, looking towards one of the professors.