04

Placement test? I've never been to school.

"Well there is a first for everything, Ms. Katharina. Will you still not eat lunch?"

I grab a green apple for later. Leading back into the chair, watching Hagrid eat. I begin to play with the cup of juice on the table.

I form droplets of orange juice into crystals and float around the cup. The droplets skim through the rim of the cup. When Dumbledore whispers in my ear.

"Is that all of you can do?" He asks.

I shake my head and he gives me a little nod to continue, which I do and take all the juice from the cup to form multiple droplets.

"Can you form the juice any other way?"

I nod moving my hands down the table to form small animals and droplets.

"Can you change the form of the matter to a solid?"

I can.

I change the juice to a wooden plate that swirls in the air. I bring the plate closer to the table. Dumbledore reaches for the plate.

"Interesting. Though the elf's dislike when the children play with their food."

I'm sorry. I look down to my hands on my thighs.

"It's alright, child. You have interested your fellow peers, look."

Everyone in the great hall looks at me. I smile softly and wave. Are they nice? Maybe they don't like me?

"Come on, Katharina. You will be privately sorted." Dumbledore says, walking to the back of the great hall to his office just above.

What do I do? How?

"The hat sorts students into houses based on qualities the student presents with. All you have to do is sit comfortably and let the hat do the rest." He places the hat on my head.

The head begins to speak. I tried to hide my stress.

"Scared. Genuine, hmm that's new. Don't fear child." The hat speaks.

"All the traits... hm are you a Slytherin.... No maybe a Ravenclaw...to Hufflepuff? I can't put my finger on it. Haha." The hat decides.

"This child is the FIFTH CHARM." The hat yells out and I cover my ears.

"That can't be. The last charm died 300 years ago. We can't have another." Dumbledore stresses.

What is the fifth charm?

"Child, the fifth charm is a powerful wizard, with a lifetime of suffering. When the domain of magic was made, the four founders trusted one person, a charm. To help them even out the odds when they did not see eye to eye. The gods only make one to help the wizards and witches of their time. You are all the houses, you all the founders held dearly." Dumbledore sighs.

What does that mean for me? Do I still go to school?

Dumbledore laughs lightly, "Yes, Katharina you do still go to school. Yet you are treated with a higher respect. A gift given from the gods made by the founders. We shall take a tour around the school now. See which wing you like best to make your own room."

I follow Dumbledore as he speaks of all the floors before we head outside to see the student learn on to ride a broom or there sports.

A broom? Why do they need a broom?

"They learn how to ride a broom. A mode of transportation." Dumbledore walks by my side.

A boy runs up to Dumbledore out of breath.

"Oh Harry, my boy. Hope you are not ditching your studies."

"No, Dumbledore just visiting Hagrid." The boy responds.

Harry the brown hair boy with glasses. I make a note in my journal.

May we go back inside? I get uneasy feeling.

"Yes, know that the forest in forbidden just like it's name." Dumbledore points out to the black misty forest.

I nod walking back to Dumbledore's office. Does Hagrid have a room here?

"No, he does not. He has a house outside near the forest. He likes it there for the creatures and forest."

Can I visit the houses before dinner? I look to the portraits on the wall.

"Of course, Child. I must you leave to explore the castle on your own. The castle will know how to lead you. Just use your magic." Dumbledore leaves me in his office.

I calmly explore his office before walking to the first house which is Ravenclaw. The door wasn't so hard to open as I used my magic to play with the lock. The common room was big and wide with blue walls, curtains draped from the windows.

A big statue catches my eyes, the woman's hair is long and braided. The books in her hand makes her look full of wisdom and passion for the arts. The place is like the full moon with star shining bright.

"Hello, You are the new student." A girl with blonde hair softly says.

Hello, I'm just looking around the different houses.

"Have you been sorted? I'm Luna Lovegood." She holds out her hand.

I have but unsure what it means. I'm Katharina Bellworth.

"I can help you see the other houses. The castle is like a maze, it always changing."

I'd like to look alone but thank you, Luna.

"No worries, Katharina. If you need anything, Ravenclaw can help." She skips away.

I walk down to the Gryffindor floor, more of the portraits beginning to speak and ask me questions that I don't understand. I look at the fat lady in the painting and play with the lock which she quickly bows to me.

Don't do that.

She nods her head and opens the door.