Chapter 6: soft

"Jake.. have you been able to rest when you went home yesterday?" Sunghoon asked, a hint of worry in his eyes as he stared at the younger.

"I'm all good.. don't worry about it." Jake gave a reassuring smile, causing Sunghoon to sigh in relief.

"Great.. anyways I was wondering if you wanted to.. maybe hang out with me tomorrow. I'm going to visit the new restaurant down the street."

"Oh! I heard of it. I was planning to go sooner or later.. so sure I would love to."

"Anyway catch you later.. I have to go see what my friend is up to. He wanted to talk to me during break." Sunghoon said, before giving a polite smile.

"Oh sure! Go ahead. I have to go see Jungwon." Jake chuckled.

Both males parted ways, with Jake walking towards his friends. He had decided to stop at the restroom to wash his hands, before he would go to the cafeteria. Lost in thought, Jake walked silently as he peered through the doors of the empty classroom's. His mind suddenly gained consciousness when he heard a loud yell.

"What the hell was that." Jake muttered under his breath, as he tried to gather where the noise came from. It seemed to be someone who wasn't exactly having a hard time. His continued his steps, making sure not to make much noise, looking for the person who was behind those screams.

Jake stopped in his tracks as he finally saw who it was.

Heeseung

His heart clenched at the sight of the male's state, his eyes brimming with tears, making Jake feel a wave of discomfort. Heeseung then placed his head on the table, and muffled sobs could be heard. Despite the strong facade Heeseung showed to everyone, Jake could feel like he was simply engulfed in a world that had no light, suffering in silence.

Jake wanted to enter that classroom right now and talk to Heeseung about it, he wanted to comfort him during his difficult times. But he couldn't, after all he was not supposed to be aware of any of this.

With a heavy heart, Jake watched in silence, contemplating whether or not he should go or not. It took a while until the cries dissipated, causing Jake to assume that Heeseung had fallen asleep.

He slowly entered the class and walked towards the teacher's desk and opening the drawer. He had an idea that might not have an effect but it was worth a try. He quickly took a block note and a pen and began to write.

To Heeseung:
from ?

You seem really tired.. this is a small message to tell you that you are doing great! Wish I could give you a hug, but it's best if you don't know who I am.
Please smile:) I'm sure you look handsome!
<3

Jake thought that writing small notes like this would maybe help Heeseung feel better. He chuckled slightly at his note, as he read though it again. Considering Heeseung's personality though, it didn't seem like he was the type to express himself openly. There was a high chance of this being a really stupid thing.

Jake tiptoed towards Heeseung's table and placed the note beside him before rushing outside hastily. He didn't want to be caught. If Heeseung had a positive reaction, he would definitely send him some more of these sweet messages.

—🦋—
"Ugh.. I've fallen asleep. So stupid of me." Heeseung yawned. He checked the time, his eyes widening at the time it was

2:30 PM

"Oh shit.. I've missed my class, my father will be.." Heeseung could feel his heart racing, fear taking control over his mind as he thought of the worst possible outcomes of his actions. He had gotten a scolding yesterday for doing this. His father would definitely not tolerate it this time.

His eyes suddenly moved towards the strange note on his table. He hesitantly picked it up, his previous thoughts vanishing away.

To Heeseung:
from ?

You seem really tired.. this is a small message to tell you that you are doing great! Wish I could give you a hug, but it's best if you don't know who I am.
Please smile:) I'm sure you look handsome!

Btw I'm not stalking you. I just saw you earlier during break :)

"This is so stupid." Heeseung's lips curled into a small smile. He flipped the page around and searched for the name.

"Anonymous.. who could this be? This person is such a corny loser." Heeseung sighed, as he quickly grabbed his backpack and walked towards his next class, hoping that his teacher would spare him.

He trudged towards the class, his hand hovering over the doorknob, slightly shaking. He opened the door, feeling all the eyes that were previously on the board shift to him.

"Oh Heeseung. Are you feeling better?" The teacher asked her face displaying worry.

"I.. yea.. am I not punished for being an hour late?"

"No don't worry about it. The nurses said you were excused, someone told them that you were not feeling very well during break. You may leave early if you would like, otherwise you can try do the class work on the whiteboard.

"I'm better now. I'll go sit down." Heeseung answered before he apologized once again. He couldn't help but drown in confusion. Who had told his teacher that he was feeling sick? He had to admit he really owed that person his life.

It then came to his mind.

The anonymous person?

The rest of the class, Heeseung gazed outside the window, his mind still preoccupied by the thought of that person. He felt really grateful to him, now he wouldn't have to face harsh consequences. All he had to do now was be more careful and pay attention to the time.

—🦋—
Heeseung walked to his locker, and opened it, taking out his books and files. It was finally time to go back home.

He rummaged through it, until a small paper fell out of his locker, grabbing his attention. It seemed to be another one of these anonymous messages.

Heeseung picked it up and looked around before reading through the note again.

To: Heeseung
From: ??
Hi! Hope you got some rest, don't worry about anything. Remember that life is always full of challenges but those are what make you stronger.

Keep going <3

"Geez." Heeseung huffed as he gently folded the paper and folded the paper, placing it into his pocket.

________________________
Thanks for reading ;)
I'm back yall. I won't be posting that often but hehe..
love you don't forget to vote and comment :)
Byeee
🦋🦋