Chapter 7: truth pt(1)

"This restaurant really looks amazing." Jake said as he admired the beautiful setting.

"I know right? Let's go sit by the window over there."

Jake nodded and followed behind Sunghoon, feeling excited to try out the various dishes and beverages offered there.

"I'm paying by the way. I invited you here." Sunghoon said as he looked at the menu.

"No of course not. I can't accept that. What if the bill is too expensive?" Jake said, hoping to change Sunghoon's mind.

"Don't worry about it. We can go out another time and you can make up for it." Sunghoon smiled.

"But.."

"Nope. My decision is final."

"Seriously.. I'm going to feel so bad for making you pay for everything. Next time I promise to bring you to a great restaurant!"

"I can't wait."

The atmosphere became awkward as both males barely spoke, only exchanging a few smiles or nervous laughs. Jake felt nervous as he felt Sunghoon's gaze on him but he decided to remain quiet.

"You okay?" Sunghoon asked breaking the silence.

"Yea.. I'm fine." Jake pouted slightly

"You look really cute when you do that."

Jake almost died right there. He didn't know why it made him feel happy and stressed out at the same time. He felt a weird feeling in his stomach, completely confused at his own strange behavior.

"Ah.. thank you.." Jake said anxiously, his cheeks tinted pink.

"Let's finish eating dinner. Then we can go on a walk if you'd like."

"Alright.. seems fun."
—🦋—

"How's school been so far? Two weeks have passed already since you joined. It's crazy how time flies."

"It's pretty good. I haven't had many interesting things to do but it wasn't actually that bad."

"school is always boring anyways.. you can't really do much... what about Heeseung does he bother you or make you feel uncomfortable?"

"Nope. He left me alone. Anyway.. do you know why he is like this?" Jake asked, maybe this was a good opportunity to know a bit more about the male.

"I honestly don't know what's up... he wasn't that bad at the start of freshman year.. but at some point he started acting strange. He didn't come to school for the whole second semester and when he was back he always had a cold or mean expression on his face.He was always playing with people's feelings and even making fun of them."

"Does anyone know what happened that could've changed his behavior so much?" Jake asked, feeling like all this information could be related to what he had heard last time. He was definitely getting somewhere.

"I honestly have no clue about what happened.. it was such a sudden change in attitude... forget about this now... let's change the subject."

"Oh yea.. alright."

"Are you cold?" Sunghoon asked as he noticed the male shivering a bit, he took off his jacket and placed it gently over Jake.

"You will catch a cold now. I should've simply been more careful."

"I'm not feeling cold at all. I'm alright, I'm use to this kind of temperature."

"Ah I see.. thank you so much.." Jake smiled.

Sunghoon couldn't explain how much he simply adored Jake's smile. It was so pretty and caused millions of butterflies to erupt in his stomach.

He did really have a perfect smile.

They strolled for a little longer before it was time to part ways. After all they had to go to school tomorrow and it would be best if they went to sleep early.

"See you tomorrow Sunghoon." Jake said as he slowly took off Sunghoon's jacket to give it back to him.

"No no.. keep it. You can return it to me tomorrow. For now keep yourself warm."

"I- really? Okay then.. if you say so."

"Is your house far? Do you want me to walk you?"

"No it's not. Just two kilometers away. Don't bother."

"It's not a bother really.."

"You should go home, it would be too late to let you go alone. I'd be worried to death." Jake said, earning a small chuckle from the older.

"Alright.. well then see you tomorrow Jakey."

"Byee."

Jake watched as Sunghoon's figure vanished in the distance. He then turned around and began to walk towards his house.

Jake walked down the dimly lit street, enjoying the cool breeze of the night wind. He absentmindedly stared at his surroundings, until he spotted a familiar figure sitting on a bench, which made him get out of his trance. He soon realized who it was.

"Heeseung?" Jake mumbled, he was quite surprised to see the male. He hesitated whether or not he should go talk to him or simply walk the other way.

Jake sighed before he started walking towards him.

"Heeseung.. what are you doing in the middle of the street at night?" Jake asked, earning a scoff from the older.

"Does any of this matter? Can you just leave me alone.." Heeseung spoke bitterly, trying his best to avoid Jake's gaze, hoping he wouldn't notice the evident bruises on his face.

"Hey.. look at me?" Jake asked, as his eyes shifted to the reddish marks on Heeseung's face. He bent down trying to get a better view but was pushed away. Jake stumbled on the ground, with an irritated Heeseung staring angrily at him.

"What the f-k is your problem? I told you to stay out of it. What don't you understand?!" Heeseung said.

Jake's face softened as he saw the fresh cuts on the male's cheeks.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you pity me.. it makes me feel .. weak." Heeseung spoke, his voice trembling slightly.

"I'm not looking at you that way because I pity you, I promise. It's just the bruises on your face made me worried." Jake spoke as he slowly stood up. The tension lingering in the air, Jake hoped he would be able to calm Heeseung down and get to understand what was going on.

"You definitely look like you pity me.. stop lying. I hate liars. I absolutely resent them."
_______________________________

Thank you for reading!
I hope you like this
Not my fav chapter but yea I'm tryna make enough jakehoon moments and Heejake.

😭 love triangles are really hard damn
Byeee