Chapter 2

Riley's POV

"I have graced you with my presence"

The words were yelled just as my front door was slammed open, I screamed  trying to get up from my bed but ended up getting tangled in the sheets and falling down on the floor.

"Motherfucker" I cursed loudly putting a hand over my aching ribs "What the fuck Matt?" I spoke putting my hand up for him, he came over helping me up. "I'm sorry Ry I didn't think I would spook you that much" he spoke, the sly smile that he tried to hide said exactly the opposite. The little fucker.           

"Didn't I tell you not to scare me like that again, after the last time you did it" I said walking towards the kitchen still holding my ribs trying hard to ease the pain, he rolled his eyes coming behind me. 

"You wouldn't be scared if you just come and live with me, this place isn't safe. I told you countless of times Ry" he said with a huff pointing outside my window, I looked seeing cop cars littered outside.

"They're just doing a routine shakedown, it's nothing, they do this every two days" I said, there was no way I'm going to tell him what happened last night I am grateful for Matt and his offers but I just wasn't ready to give up my independence just yet.

"You want breakfast or what?" I asked him taking out some eggs from the fridge, "I could never say no to your scrambled eggs" I laughed pulling out a frying pan trying hard to get rid of the terrifying thoughts that littered my head.

                                                                            • • •

After we ate breakfast, Matt agreed to drive me to school, the halls where filled with students running to their friends or grabbing their books from their lockers.

As I got down the hall I could hear the new gossip going around, apparently there are three new students joining the school. I grabbed my books from my locker and headed towards first period which is English Lit, I moved towards the back of the class, taking a seat near the window.

"Look what the cat dragged in" I looked up to see Haley the queen bitch leaning on my table, I internally groaned I had been dealing with Haley and her bullshit ever since middle school.

"What the fuck do you want Haley?" I spoke not bothering to look at her "Riley language" the teacher scolded as she made her way to class, I rolled my eyes, of course she only scolds me there's no winning with the principal's little girl.

She smirked looking back at me "Learn your place bitch" she spoke before moving to take her seat in the front row.

"Okay class today we have three new students joining the class. I want you all to behave yourselves and welcome them". There goes mother Theresa with her peace and love, the door opened with three guys stumbling into class. "These are the new students I was telling you all about, if you guys could take some time to introduce yourselves."

I looked towards them catching the eye of the one at the back, his piercing green eyes bore into my own, I took a breath getting lost in his eyes, there was an unspoken message that seemed to pass between us, it was like recognition.

"Thank you Mrs. Black" I tore my eyes away from him turning my attention to his friend who winked at the teacher as he spoke, I kept back my smirk as her face flushed a deep bright red.

"I'm Jaden Alliston, but I go by Jay" he said hosting his bag up his shoulders further as he shot the girls in the front row another smirk. The guy next to him gave him a slight hit on his arm before continuing "I'm Dylan Boyes" he said with a small shy smile, he was definitely the reserved one of the group. I looked at green eyes waiting to hear his voice.

He looked directly at me as he spoke "Logan Mayers" I couldn't help the smile that pulled at my lips, I broke eye contact turning my head to the forest outside not wanting him to see my glee.

The chair beside me screeched back, I looked up to see him moving to sit beside me. "Hey I'm Logan" he whispered, shooting me a smile "I heard" I answered back trying not to let his presence affect me.

"Don't I get to know your name?" he continued leaning towards me, I turned to look at him "You'll find out soon enough" I whispered his face turned to one of confusion, as he looked at me with wonder in his eyes, I smirked his way turning back to Mrs. Black.

She grabbed her whiteboard marker taking off the cap, in seconds the entire class turned into hysterics "Riley principal office now" she screamed as ink continued to spill on her face and clothes.

"Told you" I said turning back to Logan, he looked towards me in disbelief as an ear splitting grin graced his face. "Mrs. Black I would just like to say that red is definitely your color" if looks could kill I would definitely be six feet under, she had it coming, I could be the most perfect student and she would still call me out on something.

I walked down the hall past the principal's office and headed towards the girl's locker room. "You're early" I looked up seeing our gym coach, he's younger than other professors just a few years older than us "Just wanted to see my favorite teacher that's all" I spoke throwing him a flirty smile, he grinned shaking his head. "Don't give me that shit. What did you do Riley?"

Apart from being my gym coach Elijah is also my friend. I met him just before I entered my junior year, he came to the fight club and after some drinks we ended up hooking up, but that was before I found out that he was going to be my teacher and before he found out I was a minor.

"I may or may not have tampered with Mrs Black whiteboard marker" he shook gripping his stomach as he laughed "That was you, I saw her going to the ladies room, she looked absolutely fucked up".

"What can I say? She gets on my nerves"

"You heading to the ring tonight" he said after he was over his laughing fit I nodded looking up at him "Don't give me that look Rileys" I grimaced trying to hold back my smile.

"What look did I give you?" I questioned taking a step closer to him, he smirked putting a strand of hair behind my ear "The same look you gave me before I fucked your brains out" I couldn't help the blush that crept up my face at his words.

A loud sound resonated through the gym, we jumped apart turning our gaze to the door, Logan stood in the doorway his face filled with blind rage "Step the fuck away from her" he spoke in a deathly calm voice as he stalked towards us, his hands were balled into fists at his side making his veins pop even more.

"Who the fuck are you?" Elijah spoke stepping away from me to meet Logan half way, I looked at Dylan and Jaden in question they shook their heads stepping in between the two.

"Logan you need to calm down" Jaden spoke trying to gather his attention I gripped Elijah's hand pulling him away from Logan and stepping in front of him "Don't touch him" Logan snapped turning his gaze to our interlocked hands.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do!" I snapped back at him.

"Can I speak to you for a second? Alone" Dylan spoke coming to stand in front of Elijah, a low growl left Logan's lips shocking all of us, "What the hell was that?" I questioned looking in between the trio, nobody spoke for a moment before Dylan gestured yet again at the nearby bench, I rolled my eyes moving to sit.

I watched as Elijah's face went from rage to shock to realization into a matter of seconds, he again made his way to Logan, I stood moving hurriedly towards them not wanting them to end up in a fist fight "I would like to apologize, I am never going to touch her again" Elijah spoke his eyes casted downwards.

My face scrunched up as I turned towards him "What the fuck asshole?" I spoke smacking his arm, his gaze snapped to mine. "You'll understand when the time is right Rileys" I shook my head stalking off, I can't believe him submitting to a guy he didn't even know the name of.

As I made my way to the lunch room I couldn't shake the feeling that they were hiding something big.

____________________________

Hope you guys like this chapter, make sure to like, comment and share.