Chapter 6

(Logan's POV)

"It's the weekend bitch. I'm ready to party" Jaden yelled as soon as the last school bell rang I rolled my eyes following behind the pair.

"Come on Logan" Dylan said jumping on my shoulders before falling in step with me "What's wrong man?" I looked towards him shaking my head "It's just, I miss her man I haven't seen her in 3 days and I'm not going to see her till next week" Dylan nodded patting my back as Jaden continued to dance idiotically a few feet away from us.

"I get what you mean man, if I don't see Emily for more than a day I would lose my head" he said talking about his mate, they met six months ago when she and her family entered our territory, they have been inseparable ever since.

I never knew how strong a mate's bond can be, I always heard the stories from my parents and other elders in the pack how mates are inseparable from the moment they meet but I never believed it would be this strong.

From the moment I saw Riley, I couldn't take my eyes away from her, when that man came to get her both me and my wolf felt livid when he tore her from my arms. I had to be pulled back by my friends not to go after him and tear his head off for touching what's mine.

"You have to give her time, she's a human it's going to take time for her to understand our world" I nodded. He was right when my dad told my mom of our world when they were dating she flipped out and she didn't talk to him for months.

According to my grandparents he lost his mind during those months and he couldn't stop whining about mom. "Stop thinking about her for a minute, we are a few days away from losing you to your mate. We need a boys night out"

My eyebrows shot up, we had a boys night just before moving here, that ended up with me having a sharpy mustache for two days, Jaden ended up with half his body waxed and Dylan's car got totaled.

"I'll get the beer"

"That's the spirit" Jaden spoke throwing a hand over my shoulders.

Two and a half hours later we sat in the middle of a football field with empty beer bottles all around us. "Remember that one time when Jaden lost that bet and had to wear a hot pink bikini to the beach" Dylan said not being able to get out the entire sentence without laughing his ass off.

"That was like a year ago"

I couldn't help the chuckle that slipped past my throat at Jaden's sulking face, he was always the one with the craziest stories, I don't know how I would have made it if it wouldn't have been for him and Dylan.

"You forgot the time when you were so drugged up on medication that you ended up kissing a dog for like 20 seconds because you thought it was some crazy hot college girl" I spit out my beer sputtering on it in the process "When the fuck did that happen?" I asked between my laughs, I would have given my kidney just to see that.

"You were at an Alpha's meeting with your dad"

"We can't forget about the time our dear friend watched a scary movie and got so scared he ended up punching a stuffed bear because he thought it was the monster from the movie"

My laughter died down as a blush graced my face, I was fourteen and at the time I was trying to impress this sixteen year old brunette so I had this wonderful idea to invite her over to watch a scary movie.

I was hoping it would scare her enough to cuddle up to me but unfortunately for me I ended up getting more scared than her and living in a house full of people I heard some noises saw a silhouette and got terrified.

After the lights turned on and a couple pack members gathered outside the door I found out it was only just a giant stuffed teddy bear. "Stop telling that story" I grumbled throwing a gentle punch at his arm.

"Hey, you three what are you doing there?!"

We looked towards the front of the football field to see two security guards running our way "Fuck" I cursed stumbling to my feet.

"Run"

"Wait the beer" Jaden yelled running back and grabbing the unopened six pack of beer before taking off once again the security guards just inches away from him. I slowed down turning around running in the opposite direction "Get him" one of the security guards yelled I looked back to see one of them running after me.

I laughed continuing to run in circles successfully tiring him out "Dylan gate" I yelled out not looking up to see if he heard me.

We ran to the gate jumping over and dropping down, "I can't believe that happened" I laughed looking back at the security guards who were now sat on the floor trying to catch their breath seemingly giving up on catching us.

"Let's go on a run. My wolf hasn't been out in ages"

We headed into the deepest part of the forest right next to the pack house, my wolf was aching for his mate, the primal part of me wants nothing more than to go find Riley and ravage her but the sensible more logical part of me knows I have to take it slow with her.

A growl leaves my snout thinking about the men that has touched her, that got to hold her, that got to be with her, all I could think about is tearing those men into shreds, suddenly my train of thought was cut short as I was tackled to the ground. I growled showing my teeth as two wolf heads came into view 'You're almost at the city line' Jaden's voice came rushing into my head, I shook both of them off me to take a look at my surroundings.

They were right the pack house is miles upon miles away I almost crossed the threshold separating the forest from the street. 'I got distracted. Now let's go' I growled back at them, it's not like I was mad at them I'm mad at myself for losing control and going after her. The most dangerous thing in our world is losing control over our wolves completely and letting go of our humanity.