Chapter 3

(Riley's Point of view)

3 a.m.

That's what the clock read last I checked. I groaned, throwing a hand over my eyes. I can't stop picturing Logan, Logan's piercing green eyes, his strong jaw, his veiny arms, the way he looked at me, it's like I remember every detail. How his eyes shined when he looked at me.

I turned trying to get into a better position hoping the sleepiness would fall upon me, by 5a.m sleep was no longer on my agenda. I dragged myself out of bed dressing in a pair of joggers and a tank top. I grabbed my earphones and headed out the door.

The first thing I noticed when I stepped foot outside was the peace and quiet that lingered. The second thing I noticed was the feeling of being watched, I shook it off and began jogging down the street towards Matt's house. I took the earphones out of my ears and stuffed them in my pockets, the feeling of being watched never left me as I made a sharp left turn coming up to the forest.

The sound of rustling came from the bushes beside me, my heart rapidly beat against my chest, my feet shook under my weight as I continued to run towards Matt's house, the rustling noise stopped instead being replaced by the sounds of pounding feet, an arm circled around my waist unleashing a vicious scream from my throat.

"Riley, it's me Logan"

Lifting my leg I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine, he let out a disgruntled screech dropping the hold he had on my waist, "Why the fuck are you stalking me Logan?" he shook himself off standing up to full height "Why are you running in the forest? It's pitch black" he spoke crossing his arms over his chest.

"I don't owe you an explanation"

He took a deep breath seemingly trying to calm himself down "Look I'm sorry, it seems that we got off on the wrong foot" I nodded, that's an understatement "Is the gym teacher your boyfriend?" he questioned not being able to help himself, I snapped my gaze to his "See you at school Logan" I spoke moving to take off jogging again.

"Wait Riley don't go, I didn't mean to offend you or anything" I heard Logan say from behind me, his arms yet again wrapped around my waist pulling me flush against his toned body. "You didn't offend me, I'm leaving because its not any of your business who I fuck" I screamed at him ripping myself away from him.

"Don't say that Riley!" he took a deep breath before continuing "Don't fucking speak to me about who you fuck, nobody should be touching you" I didn't dare to speak just stared at his eyes, confusion riddled through me.

"They're doing it again"

He looked down at me confused of what I'm referring to, "Your eyes are shifting from blue to black" his gaze snapped away from mine "Why are your eyes changing color?" I pressed on.

"It happens when I'm angry Riley"

"Why are you angry?"

"Go on a date with me" he said, completely getting off topic "What?" I replied with a chuckle, although charming he was very demanding and unfortunately for him it's not going to be that easy, not with me.

"I'm serious, go on a date with me" I shook my head putting on my earphones again "You've got to try harder than that Mayers" I spoke while jogging away. This time he didn't bother to stop me and when I turned back he was gone.

"Wake up jackass, I'm here" I yelled entering Matt's apartment, seeing him still fast asleep a thought popped into my head, I slowly walked back into the kitchen and filled a small glass with ice cold water. I smirked tip toeing back to his bedroom "Matt wake up" I screamed in his ear throwing the water on his face.

"Riley you're so dead"

He jumped out of bed reaching out to grab me, I laugh running out of the room, I yelp as his arms circled around my waist hoisting me in the air. "Matt put me down" I demand in between laughs "That's what you get for making me all wet" he says rubbing his wetness all over me.

"Don't I always make you wet."

He rolled his eyes throwing me gently on the couch "Go shower you stink" I got up going back to his bedroom grabbing a few pieces of clothes.

"I got asked out on a date" I spoke when I got back to the kitchen, freshly showered "When did that happen?" he questioned handing me a plate of waffle, I smile taking a bite of my breakfast. "On my way here" his head snapped up from behind the counter "You work fast" he laughs handing me a glass of apple juice.

"So when is this date?" he questions taking a seat in front of me, I shook my head "I didn't give him an answer. He saw me with Elijah and he got mad. Can you believe that?"

"Wait! What?!" He cut me off, I looked up at him "What?" I questioned, his eyebrows practically shot off his face. "You're seriously asking me that."

"He's your gym teacher Riley. You can't be seen with him especially at school" he said his voice rising as he spoke, I rolled my eyes.

"You don't need to raise your voice. I'm not a child, you are not my father and I can handle myself." I grabbed his hands in mine "I really appreciate you taking care of me and trying to protect me but I can handle my own" he nodded taking in my words, it took him a few seconds before he breathed out a sigh.

"Just be careful"

"Anyways, how are you doing?" I asked getting back to my breakfast, he didn't say anything making me look up at him. "Matty" I spoke embracing him in a hug when I say his eyes welling up with tears.

"It's okay babe, I promise it's all going to be okay, it may not seem like it now, it may seem like the end of the world right now but it's going to be better" he shook his head getting out of my embrace.

"Don't Riley, don't tell me it's going to be alright, that's all I hear, oh it's going to be okay, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel, oh you just need to be positive everything will work out in the end. Well news flash it does not. It doesn't always just get better sometimes it just becomes worse. I feel like I'm stuck in a dark ditch which I can't get out and I never know when I'm getting out of."

He exploded taking a deep breath as he finished his body shaking with sobs "Oh Matt, I'm so sorry I never knew it was this bad" I spoke moving to sit beside him on the floor. "I don't know what to say" I said honestly, he gripped my hand in his "I don't need you to say anything, I just need you to be there for me" he spoke giving my hand a kiss.

"How about this? Pick me up after school and we'll go get ice cream, my treat" he gave me a small smile through his tears "I'm here for you Matt, whatever you need" I meant it every word I said.