One

Sapnap could feel the blood pumping through his veins. He was so close to the finish line, about 200 feet away. He looked in his rear view mirror. Sapnap tightened his grip on the steering wheel once he saw the flashing, neon green car almost hit his bumper.

'I'm winning this race. I have to. It's not fair that Dream always wins.'

Sapnap pressed the gas pedal. As he sped up, he closed his eyes. He knew he was going to win, there was no way he couldn't. He opened his eyes to see the crowd cheering with joy. He quickly got out of his orange car. Sapnap loved this car, it had custom fire print, and black streaks down the side. Sapnap looked around the crowd. He saw Dream and immediately could feel his face heating up. He looked back at the finish line. He watched a red car, with white accents cross over the line. A young boy with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a green scarf, stepped out of the car.

"Oi, Sap! What is this now? You're 20th loss in a row?" Dream teased. Sapnap looked back over at Dream and gave him the dirtiest look ever.

"Don't listen to him, mate. He's no good for ya." Tommy said, loud enough for Dream to hear. Dream just stuck his tongue out as a response.

"It's not fair Tommy. One, you're, like the youngest here. No, you are the youngest here. I watch you practice, you make it look easy. And two, Dream always wins. He doesn't even practice!" Sapnap winned.

"Oh, come on, you get second every time! Do you even break a sweat? And plus, Dream's a prick, don't listen to him." Tommy reassured him.

Sapnap wasn't pleased with his response. He got back into his car and drove to his clean-up room. He pulled the car off to the side and walked into the room. All the racers had one room. They were all connected by one big hallway. There were ten rooms in total. Nine for the racers and one smaller room for the flag boy. Well flag boys, Sapnap heard they were hiring a new flag boy. The one they had, George, was bored of being alone, and threatened to quit if they didn't hire someone new.

'What was his name? Kyle?  Kevin? Kaden? Karl? Oohhh, Karl. That's was it is.'

Sapnap didn't really care who the flag boy was. He was more focused on winning; it was unhealthy. Sapnap and Dream have been best friends since they were children. They both got into racing around the end of high school and continued to race ever since. Sapnap had a bigger passion of racing, yet Dream seemed to always be better. No matter how hard Sapnap practice, he never reached Dream's skill level.

Sapnap opened his dresser's drawers. He scrambled for a small match box. He reached into the pocket of his jacket and pulled out a cigarette. He quickly ran the match over the match box. He watched the flame grow. He found it mesmerizing. Sapnap placed the cigarette inbetween his index and middle finger. He lit the cigarette and placed it in his teeth, slowly breathing out.

"Sap, have you seen D-", George began as he walked into the room. "You said you quit."

Sapnap looked over at George. "I said I was trying to quit. I never said I did," Sapnap replied as he rolled his eyes.

"Y'know they're bad for you right?" George questioned.

"Oh, please! I've seen you and Dream smoke all the time,"

George clenched his fists. "Yeah, but we don't smoke after every race, like somebody." George sighed. "It doesn't matter, I came to tell you that the racers are meeting Karl in our room. So try to look pretty," George said as he rolled his eyes and walked back to his room.

Sapnap sighed. He took the cigarette out of his mouth and placed it in the small ash tray outside of his door. He walked to the end of the hallway where the flag boy's room was. He heard laughter coming for inside the room. He opened the door to see about fifteen people looking at him. The rest of the racers, the flag boys, and a few of the other racers friends/coaches.

"Hey Sapnap!" Dream said as he signaled for him to come over.

Sapnap hurried over to the small couch Dream was sitting on. Next to Dream was George, and on the floor next to them was a boy. A boy Sapnap had never seen before. He assumed it was the new flag boy, Karl. He have light brown hair that almost cover his eyes. He also had a half purple and half green shirt on, that was slightly short, and a pair of navy blue shorts.

"This is Karl," George said with a smile as he pointed to the brown haired boy.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. You're... Snapmap..?" Both Dream and George looked at each other for a few seconds before cracking up with laughter. They were practically on the floor before Karl spoke once more. "I'm really sorry! Did I say it wrong? I don't have the greatest memory..." Karl said sheepishly.

"It's Sapnap, but it's fine. They think everything is funny," Sapnap reassured Karl.

After a quick drink of whatever they had, Sapnap didn't care, he just wanted to get out, he left. Sapnap got into sweatpants and a random t-shirt he had in his dresser, he laid down on his bed. All ten rooms were more like dorms for the racers. They each had a bed and a few dressers to put clothes in. After an hour or two, Sapnap fell asleep.

---- Hope you like this, and sorry for the shorter chapter!:) 

Make sure to eat and drink♡ ----

Love, 

Vals_life <33